check this truck out

It should have some insulation on the firewall as well. I had an older f 800 that would melt soles on boots. The turbo down pipe was about 6 inches away from the gas pedal!

It could very well be one of the reasons the truck was sold. Quit talking about it and go fix it, or take it somewhere and pay them to fix it. Perhaps start by asking at your local Ford truck dealership about any recalls or service bulletins.

Now that Brendon mentions it, I know several guys with the Ford diesels and every single one of them has put on aftermarket exhaust systems. Not to be trendy, but for lower temps and better fuel economy. The two I know of right offhand both get about 17-18 mpg (4 door, non-dually, 4wd F250 and F350). I wish my F150 got anywhere close to that kind of fuel mileage. :(

My truck has nothing as far as an exhaust system goes. Cut off before the cat, and a turndown. Felt a seat of the pants difference after I did that. It's loud as hell, but getting a Walker BTM muffler will still flow good, and quiet her down.

whisle tip?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jpl_ey5cVnk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jpl_ey5cVnk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Eww thats terrible John,
Hey man i will fix it instead of talking about gimmie a second i been working a 8a+ today goodness sakes i only had it alittle over 24 hours.
Tell me more about the exahaust id like to install anything that will help it run better and at lower temps.Where sould i look for a decent deal for the ford 2003 6.0. I hate it but she is gonna be a big sign soon haha lime green letters baby.

Idunno prices or brands on the Diesel, but my local research gave me prices of about $300-$350 for a custom 3" true dual cat-back. That was on my F150 with the 5.4.

Either research and buy a brand name setup online and install it yourself or else shop for a good local custom exhaust guy. But a local guy could also help you deal with your heat issue by the shifter.

Guys i was just on the phone to one of the best ford service dealers around and he said hes not herad ever of this problem now im worried big time.

Another dealer who own this exact truck said his gets hot to.
They say i might purchase a extra heat sheild or get insulated floor mats

Does the truck have a cat? It's propably clogged after almost 200k miles. Cut off the exhaust, the thing obviously has crazy restriction somewhere. I'm not sure where I read this, but loosing the exhaust can bring your temps down 300 or 500 degrees. Forget exactly

Does the truck have a cat? It's propably clogged after almost 200k miles. Cut off the exhaust, the thing obviously has crazy restriction somewhere. I'm not sure where I read this, but loosing the exhaust can bring your temps down 300 or 500 degrees. Forget exactly

I think my mechanic said he can measure the exhaust back pressure at the O2 sensor fitting

A backpressure check wouldn't be a bad idea. Look at the cat at night after you have driven the truck. That should explain how hot those suckers can get!

Ok drove it alot today and it didnt get as hot but its way cooler here today.
Im gonna put in a new bdad ass exhaust and beef up the almost non existant firewall.

what loses over 500 degrees? The cat? I didnt realize they got that hot!

The exhaust temps will drop, including the down pipe which resides right near his foot. Better for the truck, get air in and out as fast as possible, if the cat was clogged it'd be restricting getting that hot air out, hence higher under hood temps.

Cat's suck, bigtime. First thing I lose on every vehicle. Got them taken off my 350z a couple weeks ago, noticeable power gain.

No one kicks the squisher's ass without atleast taking one themselves.:D

Ya can keep your lower mainland, kinda crowded looking for me.:P

Guys i was just on the phone to one of the best ford service dealers around and he said hes not herad ever of this problem now im worried big time.

Jerry the first thing you need to upgrade is the complete exhaust. Starting at the turbo. The previous owners may have done a chip or programmer on the truck. In addition, it could be causing higher exhaust gas temps. The exhaust should be done first before any other changes. Then some gauges so you know what is going on.

Here is a link
http://www.brianstruckshop.com/index.html
Call and ask for Brian he is the best I know, he will give you the straight story no BS. He used to be up my way, and then moved to Arkansas. Anyway, he is a good guy, and can definatly make the fords scream. I have known him a long time....8)

Back