Big poplar wreck

I can't imagine a 20 grand tree. My record is 6.5.

Looked a tree after a storm a few weeks ago... looked like 100+ ton crane work, I took a pass which is extremely rare for me, especially on my turf, partly because my son was in town and we had plenty of work.. Figured the HO would pay 10-12K... turned out to be 28.5... I could have put 22 on it and made a small fortune... I have pics .. try to get some up...

Looked a tree after a storm a few weeks ago... looked like 100+ ton crane work, I took a pass which is extremely rare for me, especially on my turf, partly because my son was in town and we had plenty of work.. Figured the HO would pay 10-12K... turned out to be 28.5... I could have put 22 on it and made a small fortune... I have pics .. try to get some up...

Who put 28.5 on it?

Incredible Reg! Insane pics. Man, there's nothing like a good climber to run ropes for ya on the ground!

Roger: I don't think those are Cottonpigs. (Thanks for the latin btw) They look like introduced pigs. (Some random populous).

Butch: We got exactly $20,000.00 for a Sequoia removal (with the stump grind) about 8 years ago in Seattle. The dude was this super young tech-guy, and we all thought that he was just showing off for his new wife, who was some Arabian princess or something.... at least her mum was always there to take the little baby for walks and such, and she always had a turban (or whatever they are called) on her head. But yeah: that's a lot of money just to kill a pig.

Reg, you were projecting in an earlier post about how long it would take to get it down, what did it end up taking you? How long a climb line did you use?

Thanks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks again.

Reg, you were projecting in an earlier post about how long it would take to get it down, what did it end up taking you? How long a climb line did you use?

Thanks
I was told to spend the day there, so we spent the day there. Having said that, my earlier 3-4 hour prediction was evidently wild optimism. Clearly Ive been spending most of my time in conifers of late:)

Edit: 200ft climbline

Ha, good stuff, Reg.

What became of that job with the long-dead tree you were looking at for the other sub climber?

Incredible Reg! Insane pics. Man, there's nothing like a good climber to run ropes for ya on the ground!

Roger: I don't think those are Cottonpigs. (Thanks for the latin btw) They look like introduced pigs. (Some random populous).

Butch: We got exactly $20,000.00 for a Sequoia removal (with the stump grind) about 8 years ago in Seattle. The dude was this super young tech-guy, and we all thought that he was just showing off for his new wife, who was some Arabian princess or something.... at least her mum was always there to take the little baby for walks and such, and she always had a turban (or whatever they are called) on her head. But yeah: that's a lot of money just to kill a pig.

Nah, they were black cottonwood, I'm quite sure...just simple ones with no huge branches and complex branch structure but more single straight stemmed all the way up. Routine, compared to a typical big cottonwood.

How large was the $20k sequoia you guys did? You've prolly seen my images....... I should have charged more...crane bill for just the stick was about $5500...... 10.5 foot on the butt, 158' tall, 70+ yards of chips, two full log truck loads of wood....

I have to go bid a 4.5 dbh redwood for a tree service bud. He says the limbs are 45 feet long..... that can happen with an open grown redwood... Hope there's enough space for a crane.

I'm pissed and bummed that Image Crane has sworn off tree work...love that 38 tonner rear mount with 128 ft of main boom...and they just got a clone, but rated at 50 tons.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rbtree/sets/72157624162999759/

I just saw a stone dead DED killed elm. Left a note, saying they were infecting other trees by letting it stand.
And that Urban Hardwoods might pay a lot for the wood...... It would be damn near a log truck load...would require pole to pole line drop...just service lines only, to a couple houses. Doubt they'll call me, but I'd bid it at about $7000. Iff the power co wouldn't play ball, I'd bid $15k, easy.....as there would be no bucket or crane access.

We will be removing at least one of four elms for an old client; the second is suspect. Tree Solutions is testing them. Historic district of Seattle, hoop jump permitting..... 1.5 hr street closure required to crane the wood. $4000, maybe 4k for the stone dead elm....

Ha, good stuff, Reg.

What became of that job with the long-dead tree you were looking at for the other sub climber?

Haven't heard anything about it since, Cory.

We'll see.

That's annoying.

I like a lot your "uninteresting" trees.
No big deal perhaps, but way enough to amaze me.=D>
Speak about the other trees ...:/:

Some video of this job. Use HD setting

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7m3HACrnogI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It was too far for the guys to flick the rigging line back to me where I was perched. So I set a second, long sling and put just above my lanyard and ran the line thought it. I took off about 5 limbs around that point. They still swing right over to the main rigging point, but I just pull on that second sling when I need the line back. It didn't need to be a pulley even, a carabiner will do fine on its own.

Wow, that was a film and a half! Excellent music, skill, and editing. The chunking down of the spar segment was very cool and flowing. I can imagine folks who know little about tree work could watch that and think, wow, so thats how they do it.

Just watched...awesome rigging Reg, well thought out, ground man let it run smooth! liked

Back