Any rock hounds here in the Treehouse.

The ones that hit things are called hammer stones and are quite rare, and can fetch a pretty price.

Looks like a hot river rock, maybe with magnatite making it respond to a metal detector. I'm always looking for gold nuggets here under every upturned root ball. Last year a 60 and 58 ounce nugget was found in a tailing pile with a gold bug.
We can always dream. Lol
John

wicked. I have panning for gold up north on my bucket list. I even bought a pan off Ebay out of Timmins about 10 years ago.

The syle of pans hasn't changed, over the years much if at all Can't wait to get back to some panning! so true ya never know!!

If we keep having a wet winter here (which we should have) panning can will be fun for the kids this year. They will at least find some nice crystals in the creek :)

You know it.. Everything has gold in it BTW when you are 4 or 5 :lol:

They get all wet and muddy with big smiles after a day in the creek. Our creek right now is flowing quite nicely. There are a few creeks real close to here we are able to pan if we so wish.

Just flake so far. Couple of guys found nuggets 8 miles from here with metal detectors (3 miles by crow).
Kids don't care... Flake is all good.
We had some quartz delivered from the Diltz Mine List of Mariposa Mines(right up the street pretty much) for a landscaping project next door. Kids still find little pockets of flake in it. Chip at it with a hammer and get all excited if they dislodge a nice crystal or a piece you can see the gold in.

Might have to get ya to send me five pounds o dirt come spring be fun to do again as in fl it is a no go unless I can find old gold coins from a shipwreck!

You need more gear for that .....:/:

See what we get this year for deposits.. I'll pan a spot and if it looks good, I'll send ya some NP

Attachments

• Scuba Isla Mujeres ed.JPG
    Scuba Isla Mujeres ed.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 31
My bud had a place south of Tallahassee. He found quite a bit of Indian relics. Pottery and points. I recognize the type of reddish stone in the pics. I spent quite a while looking on his property and did not find anything.

I have worked the same 1acre lot (known site) for two years maybe 80hrs a year, Almost a complete paleo pottery pot and bags of fragments. Been saving the broken ones to put in the top of walking sticks and sell at the local canoe outpost. I'll post pic in tonight.

You would love hiking about the creeks here ... All the grinding rocks. People find arrow heads and such pretty regular. The native Americans moved from camp to camp and left stuff everywhere. It would seem anyway.
The guy next door may have found a petrified heart. Probably deer.

A piece of fossilized excreta from a dinosaur which had been on a steady diet of roofing nails, if I remember correctly:lol:

Back