What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 466K
Gerry, you often post pics of that spot, just curious how far it is from your abode

High of 46 today. High thin clouds are keeping the frost around and its nearly 0800. Phone says it'll start raining about noon.

I know I'm treading the razors edge stating this, but... I need it to warm up and dry out a little. There's still neigh on 2 feet of snow in the Greens Peak area, which is where I do most of my wood cutting. I need solid roads and firm ground so I can haul a two cord trailer.

Those views are looking north / south from Cavanah Grade, Cory. 25 miles south of Ft. Bragg. The bluffs there are about 200 ft. There's a couple of pullouts along the highway where I stop to take pictures. It's always the same views, but always on different days.

Terri and I took a ride.

My little dinner companion isn't happy, but he's a bit of a wuss anyway.
I don't know what part of Asia he comes from but he just leaves when it gets cold.
He does the same when it gets over 75 and hates when the fire is going, humidity is too low.

I might put his outside plug in next summer just for fun.

IMG_20240318_195320.jpg

Breezy and cool today, but not freezing. Phone said it would be 41°. Felt warmer than that, but I dunno. I was enjoying it. Have a fire going now. Today was almost perfect.

Back