What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
Yep I figured, yesterday was dead calm and beautiful, today a gale was blowing from your way. Sarah said it's gonna be crappy for the weekend. I'm hoping it spent it's fury on yall.

Heavy rain and strong wind this morning. What a good day to cut a bunch of dead maples in the forest. Luckily that didn't last long and I lost only one hour, staying quiet in my van (actually, I completed my night!). The water had still the time to pool around my van, turning the little dirt track in a swamp. I was stuck when I wanted to leave after the day.

edit: I forgot the negative "it didn't last long"

Last edited:
Heavy rain and strong wind this morning. What a good day to cut a bunch of dead maples in the forest. Luckily that did last long and I lost only one hour, staying quiet in my van (actually, I completed my night!). The water had still the time to pool around my van, turning the little dirt track in a swamp. I was stuck when I wanted to leave after the day.
I always take camping gear and food to the woods, so if I get stuck at the end of the day, I'll just wait til the morning.

We had several days of lovely sunny weather up into the mid and even upper 60's...but yesterday and today and for the next few it's been slushy snow/rain that doesn't stick with highs in the mid 30's.

April in northwestern Oregon :).

It came in the night, roaring on the wind. I had thought I'd wake up to much more, but as I hoped, the rage of the storm was nearly spent by the time it arrived. Lots of wind, but only about an inch of accumulation. Melting fast in the sun. 20240406_080124.jpg

Starting to have light frosty mornings, 20-21c by lunchtime.
Fire is on tonight, heavier outer layers now.
Snow to 900m in the forecast
Elm trees in the village are really starting to go golden and drop...leafmageddon is upon us

Must be wonderful for someone who loves the sound of leaf blowers😜

Must be wonderful for someone who loves the sound of leaf blowers😜
The Bakeries and petrol station on the main street blow the leaves out into the gutter in the morning, there are just as many by lunchtime. Fortunately with the advent of battery blowers the incessant drone isn't quite as awful.
Only concession is that an accumulation of them can become slippery in spots, so... there is that.
About every two weeks or so the Council sends 'The sucky truck' and gets rid of a lot of the bulk.

But, when on a light breeze in the late afternoon, golden leaves are fluttering to the ground and there is a carpet of gold on the ground, rising in a complete arch up through the trees and over the road, lit by the sinking sun...it's pure magic.

REALLY!?!?!? EVERY TIME YOU GET IT, I GET IT DAYS LATER. IM GONNA BE LIVING IM A PICKUP WITH A LEAKY CAB! BEND ME OVER FIRST!

OK, I'm good now. I have a tarp, that should solve the water ingress. Hopefully we don't get snow. Heber/Overgaard is much cooler, higher elevation, and gets a lot more weather, being right on the rim.

Same here. It was quite breezy though. Did a bunch of trimming on the boxwoods. I still need to hit one with a chainsaw. I might do it tomorrow, but it's gonna be hot; ~73°. I'll see how I feel about it tomorrow. It's only gonna be getting hotter, so waiting won't get me much unless I leave it til fall.

Back