What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 466K
Derek, my moms was a bit freaked out, they were raking leaves under the tree like 2 minutes before it failed. its all good now, insurance claims in, waiting for new windows etc. :)

Gee Paul, im glad your folks are ok now...

Just quietly thou, i have a zillion "i told you so" shots of almost exactly the type of tear from a bark exclusion you posted..

Did you see it coming?

I love the night shot in the snow..

Heres why i was so cold out on the golf course..Snovember!

The shoot is to high, if not carefull i can land the chips 30 feet IN FRONT of the truck..Miss it compleatly..

This way i get heaps in then drop it down and fill the front some more..

you guys are a court full of jesters. as I boil pot after pot of water for washing dishes, drinking, brushing the teethies.... what a PITA.
Derek, snow? no way man, big ass rain drops.
and you have heaps of the same type of failure pics? yeah, I bet you do, overachiever. :P
HA!

and it was the excuse I needed to get the big brother saw for my ECHO 330.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sunny and warming up here, a beautiful day!

first dry day,was up in an old cherry yesterday slipping and sliding .

Craig, you live in Canuckville. You have two seasons, winter and July. You know when it's July because the snow melts and you're surrounded by massive black clouds of mosquitos that are the size of hummingbirds.
:P

Sposed to be 60 degrees here tomorrow!!

Unheard of.... for the the day before turkey day in MN

It'll probably snow on Friday :roll:

It snowed in Orlando!

For all you folks who think we have it so good here in Orlando, I offer a clip from today's news:

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Snow flurries were reported in Seminole, Orange, and Volusia Counties Tuesday night. We even saw some snow at Channel 9's Orlando studios.

The last time it snowed in Central Florida was reportedly January 24, 2003. Before that, it hadn't snowed since 1989.

A blast of cold air is moving into the state this week, state emergency officials said.

Wind chills may drop into the 20s in parts of north Florida and high temperatures may only reach the 60s as far south as the Keys on Wednesday, state meteorologist Ben Nelson said.

Miami wasn't expected to even hit 70 on Wednesday, and low temperatures were expected to dive into the mid-40s.

A developing storm out at sea off of Florida's east coast is driving cold air southward into the state, which resulted in freeze watches for several locations in the Panhandle earlier this week.

Nelson said wind chills could be in the 30s even in Central Florida on several nights this week and reminded Florida residents to protect themselves, their plants, their pets and their pipes.

The cold weather is expected to last through Thanksgiving, but by the end of the week warmer temperatures were forecast to return. By Sunday, the high in Miami is expected to be 81.

I remember as a kid spending the night at my dad's service station on the weekends (it was open 24 hours and Dad was working the night shift). One night just before Christmas I looked out and saw snow falling. It only lasted about 15 minutes and wasn't enough to stick, but it was pretty cool for a Florida kid.

Oddly warm here today. I watched all the snow melt off the ski resort hill above town. Some folks' winter jobs aren't going to start very soon. I sure could usE a mild winter for my first year in business.

Well from -2 and a snowstorm, to 34* c in a week, damm hot out there for my 12 hours..

I go as far as say a touch of exposure has creapt in...

Supposed to hit 70 here today-was 73 on tuesday. -highs in the 50's for the weekend.

Natalie, If a tree hits the house and comes to rest it probably won't suddenly start falling again. I am but one man and the only labour I've got to offer is my own. I can't work all night and all day nonstop for very long. I can work more safely and efficently in the daylight. I'd be telling people "I'll see you tomorrow morning." No disrespect to the tree guy but I think his decision to work all night was imprudent. I once climbed a pine tree in a 70mph gale to get a broken top out that was hanging over a trailer house. Stigging frupid of me. It is just property(stuff). "Go spend the night somewhere safe Mr/Mrs Customer. I'll deal with it as soon as I can -SAFELY. I care about your home but not enough to die for it."

Back