What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 482K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So how much of the white stuff is on the ground Paulie?

The white stuff doesn't want to stick around here. It looks to be a mild winter here.

Last edited:
Looks like we've got the same weather, Brian. It's a tough living, you know, but somebody's got to do it.

for those who dont get to see any snow, here is my window view from the office today. :) only a few inches but it sure is purty.

My dad just emailed me a pic of the backyard at their place, about a foot deep, only half n hours drive from my place. notice the blown out fence sections (last weeks wind storms) and 6' tall lombardy poplars in the background ;)

chaos. mayhem. white stuff. silence, tranquility, day off. Winter

my attempt at a haiku for the morning. :)

Snow still flying here too...........:(

Here are some pictures of my sister's place she sent yesterday afternoon. She's about 20 mins from me. After these it snowed about another 10cms or so (at least). I'd send pictures of where we are but don't have a digital camera.

Nice! Is the power still on in most places? I just got a call from a friend in Comox and she says it's a mess out there, power out everywhere.

Natalie, the highest snowfall around here is supposedly 48cm ( about 20 inches) at Abbotsford airport. yuck.
I might grab my snow shovels and start cruising local high rises for driveway clearance and sidewalk shovelling. might make a few bucks outta the storm ;)

It's out all over the place, but they are supposed to be all back online by this afternoon.

We got a phone call last night - customer we've had for years had a tree come down in his driveway last night and knock out his power. He says it wouldn't be such a big deal but they have 7 newborn puppies that they are trying to keep warm. Difficult with no heat and no access to hot water. The Tree Guy was going to go out and clear the tree so the hydro crews could get in there to do their thing, but ended up sending his dad over as he is about 30mins closer. (He owns a tree service too)

Lots of trees went down due to the heavy snow load. I'm sure a lot of trees were weakened after that wind storm the other week too. We're sure getting hammered here by weather the last little bit.

Good idea Paul.

Tree Guy has wanted a plow attachment for his p/u for the last few years. I've always kind of rolled my eyes, but I wish I hadn't right now! I think we'll be checking out RB Auctions for one!

lots of outages Rborist, city is ok, outlying areas are suspect as usual. I think I might just go put my old Sorels on and walk up to a sushi joint for lunch later. :) I shovelled my patio and banged the snow off the bushes before they break up. I think we have about 8 inches on the ground so far. main roads are getting better, sideroads are a mess. Thank goodness The View is on.

Natalie, careful, Craig wil promise to have a mini with a snow plow on your doorstep within two days! :) I got tempted allready this morning to call him up. the season is short and unpredicatble here though...

RE: branches down. I have had a few calls this morning allready about bent limbs etc. so far I have just advised that I will come out another day and clean up the wound if they break, otherwise, I am staying off the job today.

My sister was in the process of moving when the snow hit. They were moving from Abbottsford to Langley.............all of her stuff got covered, needless to say she is not a happy camper.

Back