Ya'll Know What Today Is???

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
Whoo Hooo!!! :|:

head_home.gif

I loved riding the train when I was little. We'd go from Minneapolis to Rockford every summer. I was fascinated with the sink and toilet. I remember if you held down the 'flush lever' you could watch the train tracks zooming by underneath. (eouwwwwwwwww! no more walking train tracks!)

Ah hell, I've got to get my mom something or I'm dead meat!

You gotta be pulling my leg!!! :\:

I was wondering the same thing.....sometimes I remember what I THOUGHT I saw/did/heard when I was a kid. BUT....then I also remembered this little song my mom must have taught us, and looked it up just now:

Customers will please refrain
from flushing toilets while the train
is standing in the station, I love YOU, dear!

Sooooooooo.....I'm guessing that it was real. :O

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Passengers will please refrain
from flushing toilets while the train
is waiting in the station
in full view.

But while waiting on board ship
Passengers can flush their sh**
for it will feed the fishes
in the bay.

Passengers will please refrain
From flushing toilets while the train
Is in the station, darling I love you.
We encourage constipation
While the train is in the station
Moonlight always makes me think of you.

:lol:

Trains are BS. It is not even worth it to take them nowadays. Karina and I were going to take the trains to Santa Barbara a couple weeks ago and bike around for the heck of it. It was going to cost us $160 round trip for something that would've been half a tank of gas round trip. I can't justify wasting that much cash.

When planes typically cost about 2/3 or less of what a train costs, I can't see why anyone takes the train anymore. Amtrak, you suck.

I don't get my mom anything for moms day, but I try to make sure to give her a call and tell her I love her!

love
nick

Trains are good for commuters. They can sit and read the paper instead of driving in traffic. I have considered some trips like yours before Nick and it's even worse with 3 kids.

Oh, local metro is a different story. I know in LA you can take the train to work for just a dollar or two each way. That is a whole 'nother story. That makes sense. You can have a relaxing morning that is cheaper than driving yourself. I'm all for that.

love
nick

Trains are BS. It is not even worth it to take them nowadays. Karina and I were going to take the trains to Santa Barbara a couple weeks ago and bike around for the heck of it. It was going to cost us $160 round trip for something that would've been half a tank of gas round trip. I can't justify wasting that much cash.

When planes typically cost about 2/3 or less of what a train costs, I can't see why anyone takes the train anymore. Amtrak, you suck.

I don't get my mom anything for moms day, but I try to make sure to give her a call and tell her I love her!

love
nick

If more people rode the train it would be cheaper. I lived in Japan for a year and LOVED the trains there. Very fast and very smooth. Our trains suck in comparison.

in the northeast corridor they are necessary for commuters. can you imagin all those cars of the road heading into NY. - here in ATL there are not enough. BUT for personal travel they are expensive.

hmm

Back