Work vs life

Might be true for some folks, but while my Boxer is useful from time to time, it has not paid for itself. I don’t use it near enough.
Probably cuz you do a lot of Leave All's

Last edited:
I forgot you had a gehl..Why keep the boxer?

Why? It's beyond the truck bed less than 4'.

Actually, my Boxer's tilt cylinder leaks down slowly. That pic was taken when we stopped for breakfast on the way to the job (125 miles from home). Before getting back on the road, I cranked it and rolled it back again. And tied it back on the return trip to keep it from happening again.

It's for a customer who has a house on Smith Lake. My wife and I left around 6:00 that morning, dropped our youngest daughter off at our middle daughter's house. Stopped for breakfast around 8:00, then went on and got there around 9:00-9:30. Worked until around 4:00, showered in the outdoor shower, drove back into town for supper, then went back and camped out. Got up the next morning and was done around 12:30. Trimming limbs back from over the roof, took several down. No clean up.

I'd go broke staying within 5 miles of my house. Probably aren't 50 houses within 5 miles of my house.

I’m 2 hours away tomorrow for an Aussie gardener’s clients, bit of deadwooding, a hung up top. No clear up.

Just me and the nephew in the truck. Just over €1k for the day.

It’s all gravy.

It's for a customer who has a house on Smith Lake. My wife and I left around 6:00 that morning, dropped our youngest daughter off at our middle daughter's house. Stopped for breakfast around 8:00, then went on and got there around 9:00-9:30. Worked until around 4:00, showered in the outdoor shower, drove back into town for supper, then went back and camped out. Got up the next morning and was done around 12:30. Trimming limbs back from over the roof, took several down. No clean up.

Sounds like a good gig...variety is nice.

I’m finding that more and more I want the time off for family things. I still really enjoy the work, in fact I am in a better mood when I work my ass off all day, but I want to be home amd spend time with the family much more. I’m looking into buying a pontoon boat amd leasing a dock. Wife says I don’t have the time for it. If I buy it amd pay for a lease, it give me an excuse to make more time. Also I find that now I focus better at my work trying to make it get done quicker. Not cutting corners but being more efficient.

Man, I love the treehouse.

I’ve worked almost exactly 48 hours a week for about the last 15 years, and I’m getting stinkin OLD. Everything hurts. I still drink rather a lot, and I have to (read want to) spend ALL of my off-time with my family. Weirdest thing: I wouldn’t change even one single item in my life right now unless an angel of God commanded me to.
Jed, we are a lot alike. I’m down to 48-50 hours a week now. Looking to cut it to 40 soon. I still drink a bit to much. If I cut that out I might be able to cut more hours. After that I’ll be working on a 32 hour week

Why? It's beyond the truck bed less than 4'.

Actually, my Boxer's tilt cylinder leaks down slowly. That pic was taken when we stopped for breakfast on the way to the job (125 miles from home). Before getting back on the road, I cranked it and rolled it back again. And tied it back on the return trip to keep it from happening again.
Here it's three feet or more and they would take in account the swing of the grapple

Back