Whylies birthday gift

PCTREE

Treehouser
So we had a birthday party for Whylie as it was her birthday on Thursday. Had a bunch of kids over and set up a zipline which was a favorite with the chillens. Theme for the party at her request was "vampires" (strange young lass). Earlier this year I had asked Jay to make her a jewelry box which he graciously did. Today we decided to give it to her, even though she will not have possession of it for years to come as at such a young age she is obviously way to reckless to look after it with the care that such a beautiful piece of work deserves. I want to thank Jay for the awesome workmanship that went into the making of this. I am not much of one for possessions but feel that in later years when I am long gone she will be able to hold this piece of natures beauty and think of her grungy old man with hopefully fondness.

ps Jay, I know as you spent long hours working on this you envisioned its contents to be somewhat more luxurious but what do you expect from a tree guys daughter:lol:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 11
Cool post, Paul!

What kind of dog is that?

I dug making the jewelry box for Wylie, thanks Paul. I've never had a commission like that, and it occurs that such a gift for a child for her future is from a very thoughtful parent. She is a beautiful girl and I am most touched by the photo. It pleases me to no end that presumably the box will be something that Wylie will enjoy using for many years. After I completed it, i kept it on my house for a few days, and my wife and I talked about it some, the context within which it was ordered, and from within the Treehouse. We both are really happy to see Wylie snuggled up against it, truly, and got a kick from seeing her current collection of adornments contained within! I'm printing the pics for my portfolio for sure. Thanks for posting that. Awesome looking party too! Nice job, brother.

The box is made from what they call Enju over here. A slow growing legume similar to Acacia, and quite prized. The first time that I've ever worked with it. I kept this material for many years, and great to have found a righteous use for it. :)

Attachments

• jbox.jpg
    jbox.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
An interesting side note, my wife spells Wylie without an "H", I spell it with one Whylie because she always asks "Why" and mainly to annoy Mum. Mum argues that it is spelt without an H on the birth cert but obviously that is a weak excuse:lol:

I know Im a freak

Back