What's Your BMI?

BMI Results

• Total voters
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, when you get even close to being in that catagory then perhaps you could back off a bit on your training plan. ;)

I was wondering the same thing, according to this a man at 6' 1" and weighing 312lbs = 41.2 obese. I wonder if Mariusz Pudzianowski would agree?
Worlds strongest man 2003, 2005 and 2007

Attachments

• 368px-Mariusz_Pudzianowski-mv4-2006.jpg
    368px-Mariusz_Pudzianowski-mv4-2006.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 55
At 5'5" and 185 lbs., Franco Columbo's BMI would be 30.8....obese.

I would love to be as obese as he.

Attachments

• Franco Columbo.jpg
    Franco Columbo.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 75
When I joined the army they had a chart, I was heavier then what the chart said I should be. There was something said about it, I showed them that I was just a big ole farm boy and not fat. Nothing more was said.
They can make all the charts they want, I don't put much stock in these things. Especially when it is more than likely a under weight nerd with glasses as thick as the bottom of a coke bottle making the chart. :what:

So which chart do any of you think is correct?

And again, the BMI is not accutate for heavily muscled individuals. A lotta people just don't realize how much fat they're packing around.

I don't know boss, I just know that it's like anything else, "Results May Very"

I dont think a chart is going to get it for you. What you need is a % of body fat calculation and you need a trained person to make that measurement. I have low body fat but probably more muscle than the average Joe as tree guys have to be strong to git er done........

So there's no chart out there in the entire world that a person could use? We just aren't wise enough to come up with one?

I'm not buying that. The BMI is tough, but guess what? Having a trim midsection is hard to do, and the poll results are showing that. Most everyone here has a GUT.

So what? Eating delicious food is one of my few pleasures in life. I will continue to indulge in that pleasure as long as I can do it without consequence. Why would I want to starve myself to the point of malnutrition in order to meet somebody else's expectations? Anorexia is ugly, I'd rather pack around some reserves.

In other words, meeting your goals is not a priority in my life.

Well put Brian, I never had a six pack even when I was in top physical shape.
I'm barrel chested,and have a keg always have had.

I have a layer of fat over my whole body but it generally doesn't jiggle or anything and it helps regulate my body temp. I know I'm over weight when I'm scared by a pullup bar.

The doctors never seem to have a problem with it I asked. I don't know for sure myself, the docs just said I was built different. But yea now especially since I've been laid off, I'm a lard ass.

I hear ya, I broke my left leg below my knee in 94 or 95, I mean mangled it, they saved it. The dam thing just don't take to kindy to me doing certain things. Jumping Jacks, squats, anything that puts a lot of pressure on it, I pay for it, for days with the pain. That's why I had to give up outdoor work and chain my ass to a bench wrenching.

Butch, I don't have a problem with the BMI chart-It has exceptions noted so thaat it doesn't pretend to give accurate results for all body types. On the other hand I do have an issue with height and weight charts in general. Such charts tend to be highly biased toward one physical build, were developed by insurance companies in connection with actuarial tables and have sinceshifted into "health normalcy" evaluators. Very few people plugging your numbers into such charts are aware that they are predicated upon the subject wearing shoes with 1 inch heels and wearing 5-7 pounds of clothing when measured. (Sort of changes your numbers if you give true height and weight eh?!) Also , few people comtemplate that perhaps people of a certain build (Slender and wirey) may tend to live longer.......but people without that genetic build don't get healthier by getting underweight for their own genetic body type.

I also acknowledge our widespread denial. I AM carrying more fat than I should.

Very few people plugging your numbers into such charts are aware that they are predicated upon the subject wearing shoes with 1 inch heels and wearing 5-7 pounds of clothing when measured. (Sort of changes your numbers if you give true height and weight eh?!)

Hmmmmm. It strikes me quite odd that they don't mention that with the other disclaimers.

Because 5-7pds of clothing would be wearing big ass boots, blue jeans, and a long sleeve shirt with a woolie. I personally don't weigh myself like that.

I just weighed some pants, socks, t shirt, underwear and running shoes in at 4lbs 3ozs.

Back