What's Your BMI?

BMI Results

• Total voters
I dont think its accurate either.

At 5'10" and 180lbs my BMI is 25.8= overweight.

Yeah right, Id like to gain 10 pounds to be honest.

Just got back from a visit to see my orthopedic sugeon...according to the height/weights that his nurse just took I'm at 25.5...5' 8" and 168.

Have to change my vote, as I now am overweight :)

28.7 The problem I have is that I do not burn fat working but work enough to be too tired to work out.

Does that happen to many of you? Too tired after work, most of the time, to work out, but work alone doesn't really get you in shape, except maybe for more work. Definetly no cardio at work.

It definetly gets my concentration to 100%, and maybe it gets the heart rate up, but not to huffing and puffing level. I suppose climbing or other parts of tree work (brush dragging) could be made to get the cardio way up, but I have to work the next day too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
For all who dispute the BMI scales and say you're not overweight, post a pic. And it's OK to do that in this thread: it won't be considered ghey. :drink:

Hell I can admit that I'm overweight, but I sure as hell am never going to be 150pds, nor would I want to be.

Funny the timing of this thread a buddy of mine just stopped by today. Ex-military bigtime into health and fitness. He's 6' and 195, overweight by the BMI scale but if he hadn't left already I'd post a pic of him up. Definetly not overweight.

I think that he BMI does not take enough factors into consideration. You not only have muscle mass to consider, but body type as well. To get to the 24.9 I would have to weigh 194, I think that would be very hard to achieve. At 260I looked pretty good. I'm thinkingr maybe 230 is going to be a good weight. I know I am drastically overweight, but I've been working with a doctor, and soon, a nutritionist, to figure out how to safely loose weight and plan for the rest of my life, there are some things that will be off limits forever.

Says I have a BMI of 23%.

I fall on the high side of normal.
The test may be a crock of Crap.
Though it may be a good version of an internet BMI test.
Best BMI readings are density tests in tubs of water.

I scored 22.8. I feel I could lose 5 lbs and be fine again. I have put an inch on my waist and I would rather it not be there. Slower to go away as I am getting older. Being sick in December I put weight on bad. Too idle. I quit beer and ciggys same time. SO being back to active I should be able to lose what I want. I think I was up over 155, now I am at 150.

One inch on your waist is more than five pounds, I'm sure. I've lose over 30, but I've only gone down two pants sizes, 36 to 34, with 32 as my goal.

Yup.. closer to ten. But I have put on a lot more muscle also. Tree climbing just does that I guess HAHAHA
And slopes ;)
Anyway. I would like to back down to a 29 waist... I am 30 now. SO weight is something to watch, but I go by size more as I keep bulking up.

It feels so good to be able to put my spurs on while wearing my saddle and NOT nearly give myself an aneurysm!

The last time I wore 32" pants I looked like this, and I'm just about there again. :rockon:

The second pic was me at 19, on the Enterprise. :lol:

[trivia]I was in a "cube" that we bunked in that was part of a "compartment." My left arm is resting on the middle bunk, and you can see a part of my buddy's foot who was sitting on the top bunk. Evidently I was engrossed in whatever he was doing/saying, LOL.[/trivia]

Attachments

• tattooyou.JPG
    tattooyou.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 57
  • smokebreak 1.JPG
    smokebreak 1.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 57
27.4..... I would say its not an entirely fair number. I do have a spare tire on me fo sho. BUT, I have a set of shoulders and a stocky chest on me. So, while I could stand to lose the fat in my middle, I will still weigh good bit more than some of my peers of the same height.

i am NOT overweight - just not tall bmi 27

a8-24244.jpg

aaadump097.jpg

I do have a spare tire on me fo sho.

And that right there is what (I think) the BMI is trying to target. Midsection fat is the most deadly, from what I can glean from all the current data. To lose it requires the extreme weight ranges.

i am NOT overweight - just not tall bmi 27

No, you could be leaner. :drink:

Butch, I don't know how much there is to the "heavy boned" thing but FWIW my father never had a broken bone until the fall that crushed his vertebrae. After the surgery in which the doctors cut a piece of bone off his pelvis to graft into his spine the surgeons told him that he had the densest bone they had ever encountered. He was definitely NOT fat at 6 feet and 185

Back