What's Your BMI?

BMI Results

• Total voters
I went to see a nutritionist today. She said BMI doesn't work very well, especially for muscular males.

I'm at 28. 6'4" and 230lbs. I could lose ten or fifteen, any more and I'd be losing muscle.

I'm 5-9 and 178 so my BMI is 26.3. I have to get below 165 to get ideal. 2 years ago I was up to 192 do not even want to compute that number. I was 165 back in "87", I guess its possible. Now I have a goal to see if I can make it before I turn 50.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm having a hell of a time busting 190. That's OK, it'll break before I will.

What the :X my bmi was 34 I'm 6'2" and 265lbs. and feel great work everyday often climbing more than 5hrs. daily and I don't drink at all...

So post a pic of your abs. :drink:

You're either a bodybuilder or you're obese. I'll be able to tell from a pic.

29.2 ,you got to be chitting me .:what: 6 foot tall 220 lbs size 34 waist .Size 46 Carhart jacket . I can't pinch 3/4 inch of fat anywhere .Maybe I have fat bones or something .:?

This isn't directed at you Al, but when a persons body stores fat, it is not only on the out side of the body, it is behind the muscle layer as well. You can look fairly thin in the stomach, and have a thicker layer behind the abs. As Butch says, you'd be surprised where you can hide fat. When overweight, you have fat around all of your organs as well.

When Arnold was winning all those body building titles, his BMI was 31.9.

Meh, I'm not so impressed with this BMI stuff. According to it, I could weigh 140 lbs and be within normal ranges. :what:

I don't think so. Short of hydrostatic weighing, there's gotta be a better way. It seems Carl was right. For the most part a mirror is the most truthful predictor!

I was in my photobucket and found this picture of me when I was 225lbs, or 28.9BMI.

Seems like I'll have a big head, regardless of my weight.

I was in my photobucket and found this picture of me when I was 225lbs, or 28.9BMI.

Seems like I'll have a big head, regardless of my weight.

What pitcher?

You head wasn't always big.

Attachments

• lumberjack_scout.jpg
    lumberjack_scout.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 71
CarlandErin.jpg

I was 13 or 14 in that picture, 19ish in this one.

Back