What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
Rain today, and it's warmer outside than it is in. I'm almost chilly, but I don't want to open the door and let warm wet air in. Another warm day tomorrow, then it'll cool off a bit.

Beautifull weather. The saturated ground is already beginning to dry. Since two weeks now, the Prunus are in flower, both wild and domestic ones. The spring came 4 weeks before the official day and is now in full throttle.

Hot yesterday. Looks like today will be pretty nice.We were supposed to get heavy rain last night, but I don't think it happened. Just wind.

That's 2° past hot. For treework, below freezing is best. Work keeps you warm, but the ground's nice and hard for easy handling of material.

High will be maybe 38-40 degrees today. Drizzley rain.

The kind of weather that is far colder to work in than 10 degrees with a sunny dry sky.

But the earliest leafing and flowering plants are giving it a go. Spring is coming.

Unfortunately, I expect a hot and dry summer is waiting in the wings. Change is upon us.

Daylight saving ended last night, so back to normal.

Nice and sunny till 1.30, then a storm and now cold and raining again.

Towns over on the coast are flooded again, they're talking about moving the whole town of Lismore to higher ground. Shouldn't be that hard really, most of it got washed away. It's always flooded there but this year broke the '74 record by 10ft or more.

Light rain this morning. Starting to set posts and stringers for a 48 ft run of privacy fence for a neighbor. Supposed to get brighter and drier later today.

Tuesday afternoon, the weather turned from hot and sunny to cold, cloudy and windy in one hour. Then friday was close to the freezing point, a lot of wind and snow almost all day. After being bathed by the hot wind and the sand dust from the Sahara, It's a bit harsh. The roads were hot, so the snow wasn't a problem for driving, but a good amount lasted on the grass, the roofs and the cars. Many trees are in full blooming. I guess that the fruits will be in short supply this year again.

5E99DC77-E315-413D-8380-E4FB5F9C8816.jpeg
This was yesterday morning 6” of wet heavy. Mostly all melted today. The ground is warm enough I didn’t need to shovel or plow. It all melted off of the pavement before sundown yesterday. Rain coming next.

Cool and breezy today. I actually have a fire going now. I could do without, and would if it was the middle of winter, but if feels good. Things feel cooler when it's warmer overall if that makes any sense. The stink of summer's been coming through every so often, and the grass will need shortening soon... Dark days are coming... :^(

Back