What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 478K
I need a chipper first! I got the boss looking at auctions for chippers. I'm not really serious about getting one, but if the right one showed up, at the right price, it could very well end up going home with me.

Southerly wind this week, definite chill in the air. Leaf change is starting to accelerate, looking at golden and orange on the back side of the big elms behind the bakery, my office view.
Took down a monster poplar yesterday, the wind was giving me the shits, but it was just ok when you add in a pull line. Today, nope too windy

Lol it’s called the jet stream boys. Oh btw Rich rain is headed your way all week Tuesday evening and on till the weekend. This has been your updated accurate weather forecast with a plus or minus %70 accuracy.

First frost hit on Wednesday, harvested the pumpkins, one weighed 11.5 lbs, the other 13lbs, and a bunch of small ones. Not bad for random seeds planted on a couple of dirt piles down the bottom of the garden and neglected.

I must doing something wrong. Not that I have planted many, but all what I ever got is one or two, with the size of a bowl at max. Maybe I can try the old decayed chip pile but the water would be a concern.

Back