What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 481K
Don't forget sweaty Midwesterners. A 800-1000 miles to the coast, i think.

90 today, forecast 95 tomorrow.

Been watering trees at home.

Thems fightin words! Most of the time my guys an I resemble that remark unless it's winter.
Sweaty Midwesterners! Please! It's not my fault one of them has hyperhydrosis and can sweat thru a Carhart jacket in February. It's rather impressive.

This last week or two it has been 100 to 110 heat index everyday. Finally cooling off a bit, so that's nice. The heat never used to bother me, but this year it is.

I got spoiled up at that job. 45-50 at night with topping out at 78-80 heat of the day in full sun. Now going to be like 103 in the shade while I do some truck service. Got a defective power steering pump. So replace that and see about this low tire i see out my door this morning.

I got spoiled up at that job. 45-50 at night with topping out at 78-80 heat of the day in full sun. Now going to be like 103 in the shade while I do some truck service. Got a defective power steering pump. So replace that and see about this low tire i see out my door this morning.
Geez, how much stuff do you have to repair Stephen. Not sure I could keep up with you.

I agree with Austin...Stephen, you break, wear out, and repair/rebuild more equipment than any three other people I know.

You are very good at the fixing.

You maybe are not so good at analysis of what equipment you might procure that will serve your needs, without bleeding you dry on time spent keeping it operating.

I know, I know...if one has to limit outlay up front, then outlay in the rear end must follow ;).

We are pro curing parts now out side our area. More OEM or equivelent. Serious issues with O Reillys. Cheaped out. Hell, last two sets of rear shoes were completely wrong. Only parts store we got sells us shoes that wont function with the e brake.
So now I am ordering parts shipped from more reliable sources. The new power steering pump I put in the 4x4 was defective and I ve been limping along with it till I get the Motorcraft HD rated that I just received. Going to take this POS back and bark a little. Plus we are hard on our stuff and hauling on the edge of capacity. I am also the only mechanic I can trust up here.

So. The fires are quite a ways N and S of us thus far. Not sseeing the crazy air quality index of 600ppm like last year thus far. But even at around 200, climbing is a bit rough.
Days and Nights like these, hard to tell if you have a fa ug, allergies or smoke inhalation.
Screenshot_20210807-202226_Facebook.jpg

Back