What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 480K
Just 103*F in Tucson today. Two evenings ago a massive dust storm followed by the first of what they call "monsoon rain". It was a nice soaking, and the roof runoff filled about two feet of the retention tank behind the house.

ZYy2m2o.png

Not bad after the weather we've had lately. Kinda feels like a really early fall day, where it's obnoxious out, but you can almost smell fall in the air. Did some stuff outside. Built a door for my basement, and made a window well cover out of locust. I also started hammering some bends out of rebar, but the wasps that were in my jeep door last year apparently came back this year, and they *really* didn't appreciate the noise. I'll get that some other time.

Wednesday ended an over-raining episode, and was coldish. Saturday was just fine, Sunday turned hot, and today was a gas-boiling-in-the-chainsaw day.
It's hard to stay tunned this year.

6UouNCT.png

After a ZOMG HOT! start to summer, it's been mellowing out a bit. This is what I'd consider a "normal", not overly hot end of July day, and it's gonna be cooling down a bit over the coming days, being around 80° over the weekend, which I'd consider exceptionally cool. Weird weather this year. Tending dry also, but historically, that can be pretty variable.

Supposed to hit here around 3-4 am. They've been totally off the last 10 times or so here, so we'll see...

been a mild and comfortable summer so far. other than the 3 hundred year rain events that have destroyed basements and flooded the roadways, pretty chill.

The predicted 70 mph wind was 5
The predicted two inches of rain was a little drizzle for a few minutes
Weather folks here have a pretty much perfect score for getting it wrong this season...

yeah, I don't care for it much...dealt with it some here, and when I lived in KY, Tx, & AZ

When you don't get good/efficient evaporation it's easy to overheat

Back