What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 478K
That's what i call a sun shower, and my South African relative calls a monkey's wedding. One of my favorite weather events especially if I'm not outside working

Lol that's the catch tho isn't it hahahahaha. Got drenched both times by the time i got everything picked up

t1H7cDU.png

Nice variety of weather tomorrow. Starting with heavy rain and severe thunderstorms, then severe thunderstorms and heavy rain. I like switching the weather up. Keeps things interesting.

OIHH575.png

Should be a good day for tree companies tomorrow. Rain hasn't been quite as bad as I expected. Not like the creek I had in my backyard earlier this year, but the day isn't done. There was a tornado down south. Just off/on breezy up here.

The tree company bonanza didn't really turn out. Destruction wasn't as bad as I expected. I saw a few small trees down, but no big deal. House was getting pelted with walnuts last night. I heard one big thump, but looked after work today, and didn't see anything. I guess it was a cluster of nuts, and not a branch.

Today was really nice. If this is what summer was, I think I could live with it. Humidity was rock bottom for around here...

WD3cOV1.png

Nice here too again, but need some rain really bad. It just keeps going around us. I sear it will come accross the big lake heading right for us and boom, it turns aside or dries up just where we are.

Gales, sheep graziers warning, bushwalkers warning, severe weather warning...snow down to 300m later today, possibly 100m in places...we are going snowhunting and will end up at the pancake shop with a table in front of the fire!
Seeya....

Temp dropped down in just a few days. 7°C (44°F) the last mornings. It was 3°C just one hour drive more toward the east.
Foggy too. The afternoons are still nice, at least enough for a good sweat, but it's the first taste of autumn.

It seems that the freezing wouldn't wait november.

NO!

Unless it's normal rain. I'll trade you one of our build an ark rains for five of your normal rains.

You are the one person I was thinking about. Would love to send 10, 20, 30 of inches to in exchange for a bit of sun.

Can we arrange this exchange when I go moose hunting next week?

Last edited:
82° and humid today. Made me feel sick. I get that in spring and fall. Dunno if it's psychological or what, but I'm getting real tired of summer. Hot(>70°) all week, but not as bad as today. Chance of rain all week, so it'll be humid :^(

You live in MD which is fully understood to be a warm/hot location.

You seem to utterly despise heat. You should move to the arctic or get a cool vest and/or do the Wim Hoff method to get your circulatory system going so that temp extremes are more easily tolerated.

Back