What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 467K
We were up to low 90's with 85+% humidity today. I was a walking fountain around the jobsite today, dripping sweat everywhere.

We were up to low 90's with 85+% humidity today. I was a walking fountain around the jobsite today, dripping sweat everywhere.
I so do NOT miss working in that kind of weather!!
Winter here now, but mild so far, foggy as on the way to work this morning.
It's been raining and wet, got a gap in the rain to reduce a big ash before builders come to lay a slab. Foggy mornings make the lichen all slippery, not keen on slippery trees.

I don't know about that dry heat stuff. I'm thinking 100°+ is a bunch of suck regardless of humidity.

This is the cool day this week...

bXHro0U.png

I think our drought is over...been raining for four days. We got dumped on pretty hard in spots. This is the first dry day here today.

Campground for the festival I attended was evacuated yesterday - two confirmed tornado touchdowns in the area. couple hours later the show started back up.

I drove home twice this weekend to find I didn't have to work either day due to flooding & storms :|:.

Hottest I remember working significant time in was 98° actual, then whatever with humidity. The first company I worked for, we went out on a 104° day, but the crew manager drove out(this was pre cell phone) and told us to quit cause of the heat.

Thermometer on the porch, in shade, says 107 right now. Not dry heat, either :D. This is the hottest it has ever been in our experience on this property, in over 40 years.

Thermometer on the porch, in shade, says 107 right now. Not dry heat, either :D. This is the hottest it has ever been in our experience on this property, in over 40 years.
No thermometer here, but the same, hottest since i moved to Olympia.

My first day as a Chicago bike messenger...105*, and 500 people died, pre-cooling centers.

My first legit tree biz job 14 years ago was a scorcher, and i was broke, 100*+ didn't hold me back. Down only, no processing.

Poor homeowner was dragging in the sun... supervised by his whole family in in the shade.

72 f here atm. Was around 80 in the sun earlier. Tolerable compared to my friends to the south in PNW. I can remember cutting handline on wildfire @ 110 F for a spot fire a number of years ago in Idaho... that was a new level of misery.

Been there, my friend...sucks, as we both know. I recall having trouble opening the gas side of the dolmar without the gas fizzing out, under extreme pressure. Pouring into a chainsaws' hot fuel tank was...a bit scary.

Back