What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 468K
About 75° today, and low humidity. I think this might be the last decent week of the season. Hot next week, and I don't see it getting better til October.

Never. We will burn from Nevada’s desert to the Pacific.

Rolling blackouts because there is no water in the river to turn the hydroelectric turbines.

California is rough country for so many reasons.
if it wasn’t working for me, I’d be gone for my kid’s sake and his future.

soon enough though.

My favorite latest one, is the Governor asking folks with electric cars not to charge them at peak hours. So I guess night time charging. I guess folks with solar panrls will be ok though.

Ugh. Your low is 3° past hot.

Warmer today, but not completely miserable. Still low MD humidity, so that helps a lot. Mornings are still cool. I'm a miserable SOB when I step outside the door, and it feels like you got a stinky wet wool blanket shoved in your face. That'll come in July probably.

Tuesday night, a small thunderstorm lowered the heat. Good. Some nice rain in the following night again, so I thought that the sky should be empty now and we will turn back on the dry for the next days.
Nope.
At the end of this afternoon came a big thunderstorm. I didn't recall to have seen such a rain. The surrounding was no longer existant just past the car before me. So much water, that the large step road in the mearby town was completely covered with running water and on the flat it went over the sidewalks until the houses's walls. My road was like a pool. I never saw that. Add to that a nice smell of sewage from the overhelmed drains to complete the picture. I guess that many basements in the area were completely flooded.

Sounds like you're getting some of our fine Maryland weather Marc; at least the last bunch of years. It was always a possibility growing up, but you generally didn't get that crap unless a hurricane came through. It seems like it's all the time now. Normal rain? Psh, you'll get it all at once, and you'll like it :^S

We've gotten enough rain now so I can see the seed sprouting where I top-dressed the tees at the course :)

Good to know all that work didn't go to waste...I do it all by hand moving the dirt in 5 gal pails.

Back