What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 480K
De1glXn.png

It's been really dry around here. Unusually so, especially compared to the recent past. Might start being a problem for the farmers.

Rain! Not enough but it's rain!
We just came from a FFA auction and all the farmers were in a good mood because of the rain, first rain in three weeks and probably the third rain since the snow melted.

Last week was dry, sunny; high 40's at night and upper 60's to low 70's daytime.

This week it's rain showers; high 30's to low 40's at night and mid 50's at best daytime.

Woodstove season is not over yet :).

HxHiRv0.png

It can, and will be worse, but it's not even June yet :^( Dry as hell here. For me personally, it works pretty well. Less rain = fewer bugs and less water in the basement. Not good generally though.

Wasn't completely awful today. Low 80s, and it was halfway decent when the clouds blocked the sun. Temps look reasonable for the next few days, but rain tomorrow afternoon and Saturday. It's needed.

Beautiful on the coast today. The usual sun in the morning and fog in the afternoon. Over the hill from us will be in the 90's and 100's the next several days. Combine that with a 3 day weekend, the official kick-off of camping season, and the multitudes of city folk arriving and we can be expecting fires. Big fires.

Rain held out until 3 today, right as we took off from the job we finished. Looks like a lot of rain the next few days. It'll help.

3 sunny days after a lot of rain. I hope all this water can give some relief to the trees. I work a few days again at the castle located on the chalk bank. Poor trees. Even if they were used to the drought, they are in a dramatic shape now and plenty are dying.

Beautiful day and hot. I was drenched in sweat and almost overheating. So, in less than a week, we went from a march's weather to summer. It's hard to follow.

I don't risk a spontaneous ignition here. After the few days summer-like, the mad weather strikes again. 3 serious thunderstorms in 3 days, plus some rain beside them. The water is overflowing by under the drain covers, filling the streets. A village in the country near me had its road covered by about 12" of mud, pulled out of the surrounding fields by the rain.
Yesterday, I pushed up the setting of the central heater to hopefully dry my cloths during the night. But this morning, I forgot to bring it back at its usual level (21°C). My daughter said that it was 27°C when she came home this afternoon !

Back