What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 480K
Freeze warning tonight. It's incredibly late for something like that around here. I'm not complaining. I love cool weather. Weather's been really weird the last bunch of years. Spring stays cool longer, which is great, but the cost is a late fall, with little to no winter, which sucks.

Wednesday and saturday afternoons were hot, but a coldish north east wind came after the rain and thunderstorms of yesterday. Quite the difference !

Came out this morning and there was a bit of snow.
Scared me some, I have tomatoes, chilies and melons in the polytunnel.
Apparently the temperature hadn't been below freezing, everything was still alive.

A bit.
If I know it will drop below freezing at night, I put an electric heater with a fan in it.

Oh snap Stig, we did that for our apricot tree for the late frosts last year, covered it with a blue tarp and stuck a space heater on low under it, long cord across the garden :)

The late train just went past, it's going to be frosty...the sound of the horn gets a distinctive echo when it's cold enough for frost

I might have to turn the heater on tonight.
Seems like it may just hit freezing.

Well, hell. End of the first week in June, fer heck's sakes...rain, with high temps yesterday, today, and tomorrow forecast in the upper 40's, F. Snow at pass levels (4000', which is 2500' above our property) at significant amounts, more than a foot, up to three feet at above 7000'.

The garden is not happy :). Especially the herbs and beans. Zucchini squash are ok; potatoes, too. We have not put in tomatoes yet, thankfully. Usually wait a couple more weeks for them.

Spent the day yesterday dealing with torn apart and uprooted trees in Southeast Pennsylvania. Lots of severe thunderstorms passing through, some with microbursts.

It's awful. Just the way I hate it! it's 90° now, and got up to 97° today. Humidity was ~40%, so not as bad as it could have been. I just turned the ac on. It was 82° in the house. The ceiling fans and my trees help a lot. Thermostat's set to 80°. Sometimes I'll put it on 78° if I'm feeling particularly miserable. If energy were free, 60° would be about right.

We are having a spell of cold, wet weather right now.
Night temps down to 50 degrees.

It is Juli and we have to use the wood stove in the evenings.

Not good.

We have been in the upper 80's near 90's during the day mid upper 60's at night for the past week and the coming week low 90's.

The french weather agency just said that we had the hottest first semester ever recorded. 1.5°C more on the average.

Another awful day. Shocker...

zYAXZWY.png

Back