What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 468K
It's July. I live in Florida. My weather forecast every single day for the next 2 months is 93* hi, 78* low, partly cloudy and 60% chance of afternoon rain. In other words, it's hot.

Been the same as Brian (except for the rain) for a while now here in MI...somewhat cooler temps supposedly on the way...actually had a breeze today...

I was laying out LOD for a small bridge job today. Out in the country, and in a hollow, so the air was really still, hot, and wet. Every so often though, in a couple places around the creek, I'd get a light cool breeze, that smelled sweet. Not flowers, or anything I could put my finger on, but sweet and earthy. Those were the best (cumulative)15 seconds of the job :^D

It often hits the low 90's .has been dry but we got a nice rain yesterday .This is the time the corn germinates and it takes some moisture for the pollination to be successful

Al, do you mean 'germinate'?

Was 93* in town, but I was working 30 horizontal feet from the Puget Sound, in the country.

Pretty hot these last days. We reach a full 100°F today. The air comes from north Africa. I was sweeting doing about nothing outside, not in the trees luckily.
A wave of oceanic air is expected with thunderstorms.

2wmMyxb.png

Just got in from straightening up some of my locust mess. Violates my policy of not sweating doing lame stuff over the weekend, but I wanted to get it done so I can just make the grass shorter when the opportunity presents itself. Calling for rain this week.

Can't wait til this is all over for the season. Summer's the worst thing ever...

It has dropped to 75°F today, cloudy, border line rainy. Impressive change.
But no thunderstorm showed here.
There was one at my parents home. My mother reported me that an oak was blown in the field and 2 chesnuts were topped. I fear some other dammages a bit farrer because both don't walk to the property's end anymore. I'll see that in a week.

Tropical storm incoming. So it'll be a flooded basement. Hopefully the power stays up. Every year I think "I should get a generator", and every year I don't. One of these times it's gonna bite me in the ass.

Some of the ranchers over east of me are spraying their hay stacks to save them from the hoppers.

The bales look just like a herd of cattle busted into the hay lot.

I saw a plane spraying a field with bales in it today between Dodson and Malta.

Figured it was for hoppers.

It's full on snowing here!!! Like, this hardly ever happens, the odd flurry, lots of frost but serious snow, rare.
Been driving around the village looking at it, I'm like a five year old when it snows!!! Love it...wheee!

That cold snap is heading up here, going to be really cold tomorrow night. No snow but rain Friday ,Saturday and Sunday.

We've had more rain here in the last few weeks than the last three years, dam is up to 60 percent. Nearly empty before Christmas.

It's full on snowing here!!! Like, this hardly ever happens, the odd flurry, lots of frost but serious snow, rare.
Been driving around the village looking at it, I'm like a five year old when it snows!!! Love it...wheee!
Do you own snow pants?

Cool here yesterday didn't even hit 70, today is suppose to be the same. In the low 50's at night which is nice.

Back