What Other gear i need

Dh1984

TreeHouser
I already got the gaffs and the saftey belt and the lanyard and about 50 foot of rope.i'm getting 300 more foot of rope at the end of the month.and i got a homelite Xl for limbing and when i get enough money i'll buy a newer model saw.but i need a list of stuff i need to get that i haven't got already.i'll post the list of what i got when i buy it.

Any book that starts with the author telling how he f..... up and fell out of a tree and God saved him has no place in my library.

Except maybe next to " Mein kampf".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You need to post some pics up!

i will when i get ready to start climbing. but what i been doing right now is just limbing and stuff like that from a 60 foot manlift from sunbelt.but now i got my gaffs and stuff i'll get me a camcorder to go on my helmet so i can record everything i do in the tree.

Training. Qualifications. Experience. Insurance. In that order ;)

yep , and get the tree climbers companion book, it is a great starter book.

well i all ready got the insurance on that part LOL and i got insurance that covers up to 5 millon bucks if something goes worng while i'm cutting.and i'll get a copy of the tree climbers companion book.nd then see what i need to get started i know i need a 1.Saddle 2.Rope 3.Carabiner 4.Flip line .but i got a full body safty harness to use untill i get a good saddle.

No, it is like when the cat hits it head against a wet rock.

Repeatedly!!:lol:

well thats all i got but i'm looking now for a saddle.i got to thinking about the safety harness.and decided to go out and look at some saddles tonight.

Any book that starts with the author telling how he f..... up and fell out of a tree and God saved him has no place in my library.

Except maybe next to " Mein kampf".

Nah, don't be hatin' so much...Jepson's book is wonderful. I learned a lot from it as I got started...experience is a great teacher and Jepson shares what he went through.

Nah, don't be hatin' so much...Jepson's book is wonderful. I learned a lot from it as I got started...experience is a great teacher and Jepson shares what he went through.
I shared and got beat up a bit, but that's okay, I hope more people will gain from my mistake, plus I can take it, I'm a tough as rock Canuck ;)

DH, have you ever worked for a tree service or at least worked around another climber? I have a feeling that you haven't and that is VERY scary!!!!!!!!:\:

I shared and got beat up a bit, but that's okay, I hope more people will gain from my mistake, plus I can take it, I'm a tough as rock Canuck ;)

No doubt! Anyone that melts his sack into his crack and bounces off the tundra then gets back in the tree is tough in my book:P

Back