What Other gear i need

Dh, you don't need gaffs for limbing. Practicing gaffing on trees is bad for them. For removal they are useful. There are a lot of educational training videos produced that you can get through arborist supply companies.

Do you have any climbing background? Teaching yourself is a very dangerous way to learn.

but i seen a few people climb when we couldn't use the truck to get to them.but it looked like it wasn't hard to climb trees like that.

What you see from the ground, and what goes through a safe climber's head are worlds apart.

It comes with training and experience over time. A good climber makes it look not that hard. A great climber makes it look easy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dh, you don't need gaffs for limbing. Practicing gaffing on trees is bad for them. For removal they are useful. There are a lot of educational training videos produced that you can get through arborist supply companies.

Do you have any climbing background? Teaching yourself is a very dangerous way to learn.

well i have climbed about 3 tree's myself with out any gaffs but i have climbed them with a safety harness, a rope and a saw. but i'm always look before i do anything and i make sure i'm tied off to a other tree that is close by.but this is the first time with gaffs though.but i'll look around at some store around here and see if i can find some videos on climbing though.

not far but i usely find a limb in the same tree to tie off to if not i'll tie to a other tree close by.but one good thing is i have never had to swing on the rope yet but some day it might happen.

...some day it may happen...

You darned right it will! And only if you know what you are doing when it does will you get through it alive and hopefully with minor injuries, otherwise you be DEAD!

What do you know about timber characteristics, about cut selection, about tension and compression, about physics...???

LOL i heard that thats why i'm trying to get all of my gear for. where i won't have a sudden stop at the end of a fall LOL.

Adding to your already impressive gear repertoire is going to be epic, Dh.

Dont forget to price out an Ursus protection suit, think it doesnt apply to tree work? HA! Try watching the video around :42 to :48 seconds in... Then again around 1:27 for traffic control...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q3CzYw5-qdA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

im gunta get a jet pak and not have to climb treze old skool with my poolin. ill be so kool. ill evin ware my tony hawk skater helmit.

Back