What Other gear i need

Heh a little melted sack is nothing for a Canuck.

Lol.

Just kidding Carey I'm glad you're alright, gonna be packing something up for you tonight and getting it out this weekend that should make you a little more comfortable though.;)

Heh a little melted sack is nothing for a Canuck.

Lol.

Just kidding Carey I'm glad you're alright, gonna be packing something up for you tonight and getting it out this weekend that should make you a little more comfortable though.;)

Wow, I'm gonna leave this one alone.... waaay too easy!! :P

Silly Canadians say the funniest things! :D

Just keeping you GDC's on your toes... I mean paws.:P

Hehe, hi Squishy!;)

First, you should get training and experience...........At this point, do not go into business by yourself. You can easily get killed, seriously injured, and likewise cause harm to bystanders and property. This is one of the most dangerous jobs in North America. I have been working around saws for nearly 30 years, and the more time goes by, I realize I know less and less.

This is serious business and there is no room for error. You got to be humble and take advice from experts, don't let your ego get in the way.........if you do, you're toast.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
DH, have you ever worked for a tree service or at least worked around another climber? I have a feeling that you haven't and that is VERY scary!!!!!!!!:\:

i worked for a tree company for about 7 years but we always used the bucket truck to get to the ones that needed taken out.and we never did have a climber on with us well i never did see him climb if they was one.so that why i figured i would open my own business and i did so i'm tring to figure out what i need so i can start climbing and not turn away a tree that needs climbed LOL.but i know i might been a dumb arse but i climbed one this last saturday with nothing but a full bady harness and a rope and a saw.but i just got my climbing spikes and everything this thrusday.and i been practicing on a few trees around the house and i think i doning pretty good at it but i still need a lot of work on it though.and please mind the speeling i had a few too many tonight

we are the toughest dudes on the 3rd rock for sure :)

Its in the Genes Bro ;)

In times of trouble, your commonwealth superpowers will come to you :D

200px-jack_brian_falsworth_002.jpg

Sorry, Ed, that Brit super power does not have intelligent looking eyes, as a matter of fact, he looks kind of lost. A bit surprising that he made it into the academy.

well fellers i went and looked at some saddles last night and couldn't find one that i liked.but i'm going to keep looking untill i find one that is real cumfy. and i got 5 Carabiner's last night to be on the safe side.i still got to get a flip line and some more training and experience before i really do any major trees.

Nah, don't be hatin' so much...Jepson's book is wonderful. I learned a lot from it as I got started...experience is a great teacher and Jepson shares what he went through.

The way I'm put together, when someone starts out telling how they screwed up and fell out of a big Jack pine ( this is by memory, 15 years after reading it, so bear over with mistakes) and GOD saved them, so they could go on spreading the good word, I automatically classify everything else in the book as being the same kind of bullshit.

So I've never read it, I gave it to an apprentice.

In my world, GOD and treework is best kept apart.

I prefer my mentors to be people who are able to think for themselves.

There are a couple of those on this site.

When they speak up, I listen very well.

I can understand how that can deter someone from putting any faith in the other ideas the author has to put forth. But, if you look past that part of it there is a lot of good in the book. Don't let the author's predilection to religion obviate the truth of his message about the trees. As they say in the hood:

"It's all good."

Yep, I agree! I barely skimmed the intro crap of the book and dove straight into the good stuff... tree climbing knowledge that I did not possess at that time! When I first started climbing I worked for a hack/crook that was a poor excuse for a mentor and it didn't take very long for me to realize that I better figure it out myself before I learn too many habits! So, I started buying books and taking classes... and a loooooooooot of gear!;)

DH, have you ever worked for a tree service or at least worked around another climber? I have a feeling that you haven't and that is VERY scary!!!!!!!!:\:

I was thinking this. Maybe go ground for somebody before you climb. Learn all aspects of the business from the bottom up, so to speak.

I had the book and read lots of the tree climbing stuff, somehow I never even noticed the prologue about god.

I was thinking this. Maybe go ground for somebody before you climb. Learn all aspects of the business from the bottom up, so to speak.

yeah thats what i done before i got mad at the guy i was working for and open my own business.but we alwaysused a bucket truck on topping and takeing out trees.but i done everything from goundie to working out of the bucket.but i seen a few people climb when we couldn't use the truck to get to them.but it looked like it wasn't hard to climb trees like that.

Looks are deceiving dude. It's become very obvious to me that you are one of those guys that knows just enough to be DANGEROUS and the best part is you are completely incoherent of your shortcomings. I wish you well DH but I've seen your type too many times and all I can say is I hope you know what PPE is cause you are going to need it!!!!!!!!!

Back