What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Wifey whipped up some Chinese style fried chicken wings, bok choy soup and spicy tofu. Downed it w/coffee (long day) and a Devils Backbone Danzig Porter. Mmmmmm!!

So far it's been smoked sardines on crackers, and some cajun spiced cheddar on the side. I'll probably get something small later, but I'm not really in the mood for anything.

Braised yellow fin ahi, spicy dry herb rub and done just to rare, with grits. A ripe avocado on the side. Couple of glasses of Willamette Valley pinot noir.

Tough duty :D.

The Mail order bride cooked, for once.
Swizz mais pizza.
Basically a polenta made from very coarsely ground corn.
Spread thin on a baking pan, baked then topped with tomato sauce and cheese, then baked again.
As could be said of most Swiss dishes, good and very filling.

Haven't had it yet, but it's gonna be my lunch from two days ago. It's been in the truck since Monday when I messed up my back. Kippered herring(maybe with crackers), beets in vinegar, carrots and grape tomatoes, a couple clementines, and some B&M brown bread. Had sushi with the boss for lunch today.

edit:
Forgot. I'll also have a piece of cajun spiced cheddar with dinner.

Last edited:
I might have tried that Swizz mais pizza, if I had any polenta.

Usually have Atlantic Salmon on Thursday but too wet to go down and get some so found a bit of steak in the freezer.

Now I know why it was still in there. Did make it down the back to get some kale though, that stuff sure likes rain.

So red potato, carrots, kale and something chewy.

We had a visit from Schweiz.
They brought us a lot of cheese, so we had Fondue for dinner.
My absolute favourite dish :)

Quickie dinner before kids music lessons tonight: Jambalaya w/hot Italian sausage and shrimp, stir fried broccoli & peppers and a cuke/pepper/tomato salad.

Went out w/wife & son for Vietnamese and had crispy egg rolls and a nice big bowl of Pho (rice noodle soup w/lotsa beef parts; the broth is to die for!!!)
Accompanying picture can also be linked to "What Are You Drinking Tonight?" and "Tree House Tee Shirt Orders 2019" threads... ;)

IMG_20200229_194640.jpg