What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

I made chowder, too.
Corn chowder, that is.
Been feeling sickly all week, so i needed some comfort food.

My local vegetable pusher had some fine looking fennel, so I made fennel gratine.
With rice and a salad.

Made BBQ chicken thighs on the grill, roasted asparagus an Trader Joe's mushroom risotto. Kids gobble down the risotto like it's candy.....

Home made fettuccini and a lemon/cream/grated parmesan sauce with asparagus over the top. It was splendid. Our normal house salad on the side :).

Can't wait for asparagus season to start.
Living next to 2 acres of them, we eat a LOT of them.

Hard to beat fresh asparagus. It's fairly expensive here even when it's relatively low compared to when it's prohibitive.

Love asparagus!

I made some home made spaghetti sauce the other night, about 2 gallons. Had some left over pasta. So I made a casserole like a lasagne out of it for me and the kids. And I made one for Katy using zucchini instead of pasta. I think we'll reheat that tonight as it was so good last night.

So far it's looking like 'steam in bag' Brussels sprouts. I ate a whole Little Caesar pizza for lunch, and I'm still not that hungry.

20200307_180507.jpg

Homemade pizza, including completely homemade crust. Actually surprisingly easy and turned out very good. So that will likely be the end of buying frozen pizzas in our house, at least for my wife and I (the kids only eat aimee's cheese pizza, we've attempted many others but that's the only one they eat).

My world famous bean dip and tortilla chips. Actually, the dip isn't all that famous, but it's easy to make. I typically do it for lunch at work. Mash up a can of black beans with jarred chopped garlic, add a bunch of cilantro, shredded sharp cheddar, and a lot of hot sauce