What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

big hunk of seared halibut, rice with sweet chili sauce and green beans with a bit of butter and breadcrumbs. yum!

New york steak, garlic bread and ceasar salad. I couldn't bring myself to spend $40 on a steak in Tahoe. $24 for 4 steaks looked cheap for once!

Meatloaf is my favorite meat!
168.gif

I made meatloaf and a pile of quinoa. Turned out alright.

Once, I made a 7 lb one, and that was the after cooking weight.

Thats pretty huge! I think the one I made was near 1.5 lbs of beef, plus an egg, some onion, breadcrumbs, spices, a couple carrots and a stick of celery minced in, more of those hidden veggies for the kid ;)

looks interesting Chuck, whats that?

We had lefty greek, tomorrow I cook again, not sure what yet.

Its a Cornish egg/potato dish with pilchards (sardines) staring up at the stars. :)

Pasties are excellent. I like them better than Stargazy, that's for sure. But I enjoy the story of the heroic fisherman Tom Bawcock. And the omega fatty acids aren't so bad, either! I'm not Cornish but enjoy a sardine now and again.

went out to dinner tonight, annual strata council festive season dinner paid for by the strata :D chicken asiago penne, sorry, no pics.

That sauerkraut looks inviting!

I made a chickpea/spinach/coconut milk curry.
And sliced a fennel ultrafine on the mandoline for a sidedish, just dressed with a bit of Greek olive oil and lemon juice and a handfull of pomegranate kernels. Easiest way in the world to make a salad.

The chili was quite hot. Both dogs , who are great lovers of leftovers, had a hard time eating it.
They got through it, but had to take a couple of time-outs to cool their tounges:lol: