Wanted

• Thread starter TonyNY
  • Start date
  • Replies 85
  • Views 15K
I think it was perhaps one of the first models that used the center drive oil pump as oppossed to the older nylon gear driven oilers used on the 028- 038-042 -048 models .

I had an 034 with a 036 top .From what little I used it the thing seemed fine to me for 60 cc .

One of Dean ( washington hotsaws ) machines made it east to one of our GTG's .I think all he did was lower the jug but I really don't know other than my observance of how it ran .That thing had amazing grunt for its' size .

From what I see if you compare the IPLs is by adding the 036 top you basically turn it into an 036 .

I was wrenching on that 034/036 yesterday for it's new owner. Runs great for a 62cc saw IMHO. Some how the fuel line had got pinched under the carb (bent in V) .

Also I was searching for the pics or video of that Deano 034/036 at the GTG. Only thing I found was the owner of it on the right side in this pic.

281869733_hQu3L-M.jpg
281871658_6cRgD-M.jpg

The guy in the lower pic looks familiar. Isn't that "Fast Eddy"?

Kevin, did you happen to notice what carb model was on the 034/036?

I didnt pay any attention to the actual number. I think I have a pic somewhere, will see if anything shows.

Went through thread and I had mentioned Tilley carb. All the info I have till next time on the bench.

OK, thanks. Just curious what larger than stock carb Dean had put on there, as he did mention having done that and the fiddle with getting the linkage sorted out. I wrote him about it but never got a reply. Maybe at some point it went back to stock?
Speaking of switching out carbs, on a larger one recently put on a Husky, the sweet spot has the high speed needle all the way closed. Surprising, but I guess that gas still gets through.

I have no clue on Deans 034/036 carb. I was talking about the stock 034/036

Oh, I thought you were talking about Dean's saw having a new owner, and you worked on it. Don't mind me, just perpetually confused.

The guy in the lower pic looks familiar. Isn't that "Fast Eddy"?
Ha ,nothing fast about that guy .Now that old Mac is another story ,one powerfull old antique if it's running right .Model super 44A ,vintage 1959 87 cc with a removable head a close cousin to the famous MC 10 kart engine .

Sometime I 'll run accross another 034 and soup it .I think that with the 036 top end or maybe as a complete 036 that engine has a lot of potential for power .

I think the carb on the 034 was a Tilley HK 43 .

On that jet deal you's be surprised how much fuel a carb can pass just through the low speed jets .More than one would think .

Back