Wanted to buy-saddle

Treeaddict

Treehouser
So….. finally had enough of the 4D torture device. Is anyone looking to get rid of a modern style setup?
Need: rope bridge, wide independent leg loops.
Pants size is 33.

Back when I was a landscaper I once ran two backpack blowers at once to increase production time. Maybe the real need here is two saddles making it an “8 D” configuration!!! 🎉🎉🎉🍾🍾🍾

I should probably let go of my older TreeMotion, I like my Ergovation and I got a brand new TM SuperLight still, and an original MCRS that needs to be assembled.

Tomorrow I can take pics if interested, I’m thinking 250$ shipped. Used for work, but should clean up fine. I sewed a different buckle on the waist, I’d include the original Cobra buckle if you wanted to put it back on. The buckle I put on snugs better and stays put, made by Singing Rock. The Cobra buckle sucked, saddle would sag and slip anytime I carried a saw bigger than my 192T.

Pretty good shape indeed, in my opinion. If I’m not wearing my saddle it’s stored in a gear bag, I’m strict about not leaving soft gear laying around in the sun and careful about keeping fuel and oil and sharps separate from climbing gear, rigging gear, and ropes.

The anodized finish on the hardware is pretty good still, even the bridge ring passes my inspection, and I only use aluminum snaps and biners on aluminum Ds and rings. Bridge is still original and in fine shape, and I’m including an unused piece of Teufelberger Fly, should be plenty for a new bridge, it’s nice material for bridges, I use it. I don’t have any green cordage that’s suitable but the Fly should look nice still. There’s some little keychain accessory biners, a small Petzl Caritool, and a small first aid kit all attached. I’d still be using this if I hadn’t fallen in love with my Ergovation. The original Cobra buckle comes with it, I forgot I sewed it onto a belt for just keeping my pants up lol, I don’t like it and don’t want it so it’s included ;)

A5A3037E-0DEC-41FF-B123-91F2B2E911CD.jpeg AF2E1593-905C-4395-AA70-42FED0C1A0A4.jpeg 7569891B-FB87-4E9B-8B04-211F1C497BF5.jpeg 219EC94E-B1F6-44D6-868F-5860003D9EE6.jpeg CF5EEDD0-8345-4F7B-9F66-DC9855D35898.jpeg 12E52BA9-0D35-489C-9F54-ED98843851B9.jpeg FBB4A6FE-332A-4234-B063-FEB1B09650CA.jpeg

Put it to work yet?
Curious how you’re finding it.
The lower Ds were so comfortable, I couldn’t believe how long I went without those.

The TM should probably sit a bit lower on the hips than your 4D, a very different design. I suggest using the little bungee adjusters to get the leg loops at a height you’re comfy with, then leave the leg loops a little loose, they don’t need to be snug IME.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Meant to write sooner but was up a tree😉.

What a difference! Put about 4 recreational hours on it over past couple days after work. It’ll be doing some removals this Saturday. It is amazing how easy it is to maneuver in it. The bridge let’s me go completely on my sides. Very well balanced also. It keeps you balanced. Had to fight to sit straight up in old saddle- like doing perpetual stomach crunches! Barely had to touch the leg adjustments. You’re right- a little loose is key. The lower Ds are very comfortable indeed. Hung on em a couple hours ago just to get a feel. Haven’t spurred/ flip lined yet. Sure it will be great. My legs are able to move with nimbleness. I can even release my foot ascender without a fight due to the flexibility!

Gonna set it up for work tomorrow night. Thank you Jonny!

Back