Original Hitch Hiker - Wanted

TreeMuggs

Treehouser
I'm looking for an original Hitch Hiker for my collection. I have the HH2, HHX and the new HHXF. Is the original still made and sold or would I have to get lucky and find someone who is willing to part with one? Thanks everybody...

Patrick

Last edited:
I think RopeTek stopped making them when they started selling the HH2. Good luck with the search, people are still using them.
@PCTREE any new, old stock HitchHikers still available on your end?

There's no such thing as overkill in life support, especially in the magic realm of metallurgy and unseen flaws. IMO. Ingeneous design simplicity still unrivalled to my knowledge. No shade intended to the rope wrench, it also brilliant design in its own intended circumstances of operation. Slightly different operations (tail weighting)

Is this another case of the old version is better, but discontinued for inferior newer versions? Seems to happen a lot these days even if it is not intended.

Is this another case of the old version is better, but discontinued for inferior newer versions? Seems to happen a lot these days even if it is not intended.
I don't know, never having used any of the newer versions...but I do know that I never had any inclination to try one of them, as the original is so good.

I own both. Gave out two as well. One original, one newer version. In both accounts. Parting gifts for two of my trainees. One recipricated with an Akimbo he acquired plus some kit I was not using.
Again, cold dead hands. Both versions are bulletproof.

Completely off topic but I’m curious. The tree house community seems to be huge on the hitch hiker but the rest of the arborist world on YouTube plus just returning from the arborfest east last weekend. Most people could give in-depth experience with multiple devices but most have never heard of the hitch hiker series. Why is there such a great divide in our industry?

The hitch hiker was developed by a member here.
We have experienced it from concept through testing, to reality.
Personally I haven't had much experience with any other SRT device. One climb on a Ropewrench, a few on Akimbo. HH was my first and it dialed in so well I stuck with it.

Very neat. I’m gonna get one eventually. Got captivated with the rrp and my boss bought my an akimbo so I got a lot of breaking in and practicing to do

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's major company involvement, and Paul doesn't deal with the Sherrill sites, so there's a bit of a visibility issue also.

Back