Weaver logging belt wanted.

Trains

Firewood Hack, wanna be tree climber
Hi chaps,
Been eyeing the weaver logging belt for a few years, sadly covid prices have seen them go from 230 to over 400 now.

anyone have one they no longer use and would consider shipping to the other side of the pond to AU at a reasonable cost.

I know its a long shot, but thought I would ask.

cheers

T

Have you looked around many sites? It's selling here for $230. Pulling a number out of my ass, shipping and customs might take it to ~$300, but maybe that stuff costs more than I think.

edit:
Nevermind. I just did the currency conversion. I thought we were pretty close, but holy shit, $230USD=$348AUD :^O

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have you looked around many sites? It's selling here for $230. Pulling a number out of my ass, shipping and customs might take it to ~$300, but maybe that stuff costs more than I think.

edit:
Nevermind. I just did the currency conversion. I thought we were pretty close, but holy shit, $230USD=$348AUD :^O
Thanks mate, yeah, shipping is a big one, seems to have gone thru the roof the last 2 yrs.

dont get me started on the exchange rate either. :)

Trains, would it be advantageous for me to purchase over here and mail it to you if the used route doesn’t work?
Hi Mate, thats a very kind offer, but with their price increase in general, and the increase in post, Im not sure that would be a viable option.
If you came across one on a run out special / yard sale etc, then it might be :).

Looking forward to seeing more of your tree jobs soon mate.

Climb high, climb safe.

T

Had a look at those, along with the Westcoastsaws one, but would prefer Leather over the ally pouches that they offer.

Appreciate the heads up tho.

How about a local leathersmith making a bespoke belt for you? Not like there's a leather/saddle shop on every street, but if you're rural enough, there may be one close. Won't be cheap, but $300AUD sounds good to me, and you'd be supporting your people.

Yeah, had considered that as well, but the local leather place, when it was still running, made some pretty poor quality stuff, even the knife pouches were poorly cut, uneven stitching, looked like a school leaver had just done work experience and made it.
Asked them about making a leatherman pouch, and it was all too hard for them, unreal.
anyway.

Currently looking into making my own wedge pouch out of 4mm leather pieces, just looking into where to buy them, nothing local, so will have to head to the city to source it.

Even getting suspenders for my chainsaw pants are near 80, and nothing available more heavy duty that I can find that I would require for making a logger belt.

Thus the interest in the weaver one, it seemed pretty well thought out and what I wanted in a belt setup, and by the time I had souced most bits, was cheaper than trying to make my own.
Should have gotten one before covid prices went nuts.

How about military surplus? Wouldn't have the look you want, but a you could use a pistol belt+suspenders as a platform to add the pouches you want.

edit:
This...

Plus this...

edit2:
That particular site doesn't ship outside the US, but it's an example of what I'm talking about at least.

Last edited:
yeah, considered that too, but they are not cheap surplus anymore, I already run surplus suspenders on my sequoia, stops it dragging down my but when using larger rear handles.

yeah, considered that too, but they are not cheap surplus anymore, I already run surplus suspenders on my sequoia, stops it dragging down my but when using larger rear handles.
You’re lucky. My saddle will slide down my butt due to a silky🤣. The surplus suspenders help but require re adjustment every so often. Adjustment rate proportional to saw size.

Yeah, that was the first think I was looking at doing, but by the time I get them, then belt suspenders locally, as surplus has either dried up or become really dear over here, not like it was even 10 years ago now.
so it was only another 50 to get the thing complete. As it was I took apart some other webbing I already had to use on my sequioa.

before covid price went silly, a few of us were thinking of doing a group buy, but the postage was still crazy, and negated any benefit of buying a few of them at a time.

Appreciate the thoughts, and had looked into that, even trying to get my own pouches made up over here is $$$, and even with a pattern made up for them to follow.

Last edited:
Update.
noticed on amazon that there was a special going on with the weaver pouches, down to 70 from over 100 for the axe pouch.
Had a look at the other items,and the complete belt with axe, wedge and first aid kit was 150 less, add some vouchers and I put an order in, was almost pre covid price.

Back