Very Impressed

highlander

TreeHouser
I have been reading thru the threads and one thing that sure does impress me is that there is a big emphasis on the mechanics of falling trees.

Hope this don't offend

No reason to offend, welcome to the forum. We are fortunate here to have members that can be considered excellent teachers, based on their lengthy experience in the field and own periods of study. Safe approaches require analysis, which hopefully leads to a grasp of the proper mechanics with variables.

No reason to offend, welcome to the forum. We are fortunate here to have members that can be considered excellent teachers, based on their lengthy experience in the field and own periods of study. Safe approaches require analysis, which hopefully leads to a grasp of the proper mechanics with variables.

Ya took the words right out of my mouth. LOL

Welcomer to the TreeHouse! Gotta first name? Mine is Butch. I checked your profile to see what's what, but it's blank. Are you a treeman?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys ...hope in time I can make useful contributions lol

Welcomer to the TreeHouse! Gotta first name? Mine is Butch. I checked your profile to see what's what, but it's blank. Are you a treeman?

I'll fill it out lol.....I'm a faller lol......worked both sides of the pond so can at times see things from different angles lmao

Will do, I tend not to take pics when I'm working lol new fangled technology not my strong point and my arms ain't long enough to take pics and cut lol......I'm not really falling at the mo due to wifes health, the rules over here in UK (and don't get me going there lol) however I do have a few trees I gotta fall (hardwoods) that are making me scratch my head a bit so very well may post a few pics to get other fallers views

And another logger as well.
Can't get too many of those.

It just a thing of mine that there seems to be so much emphasis these days on using toys gadgets etc that the reading of a stick (lean,rot etc etc), knowing the mechanics of a certain course of action (face, back cut etc) seems to have been kinda lost

It just a thing of mine that there seems to be so much emphasis these days on using toys gadgets etc that the reading of a stick (lean,rot etc etc), knowing the mechanics of a certain course of action (face, back cut etc) seems to have been kinda lost
Yup
No gadget can replace judgment with a tree. I will stand by that statement to my death.
Yup

8)

Back