Ugly fingers, not for the faint of heart! NWS!!!!

sawinredneck

Treehouser
Giving fair warining, I dont even want to see them!!! Really!! Here you go you sadistec freaks!:P

Attachments

• Ugly1.jpg
    Ugly1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Ugly2.jpg
    Ugly2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 150
  • Ugly3.jpg
    Ugly3.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 152
You're keeping it bandaged up too much, and if you're using Neosporin/whatnot you need to use it more sparingly. It looks like you've a minor infection. Are you boiling it out with hydrogen peroxide?

Not too bad... I know a little vietnamese nail salon which could make those nails look good real quick!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just got the stitches out Wensday. I had no choice but to keep it wraped that frst week. I didn't like that! I just changed the bandages tonight, I had a buddy here to help. Neither the wife nor I had the stomache for it. The las pic was after I "boiled it out". I have been on antibiotics since the accident.
I didnt look close (it tears my stomache up) but I dont think it's infected, just blood and crap on the surface.

I have been away for a while, what did you do?

Doesnt look that bad, have a look! You'll be fine.

I got my fingers in a 30"dia .250" carbide tipped blade spinning at 2200RPM.

You're keeping it bandaged up too much, and if you're using Neosporin/whatnot you need to use it more sparingly. It looks like you've a minor infection. Are you boiling it out with hydrogen peroxide?

From what I've been reading....our normal peroxide boiling of injuries does more harm than good. While it messes up the bugs (sorry....BACTERIA)...it also does a number on our good cells.

The other 'new' advice, which actually makes sense it to keep the wound covered....airing out may sound good, but you'll have less scaring if you keep the outer layers of skin covered/moist at all times.

If you think about it, it makes sense.....not what we were always told to do though.

I guess you haven't seen it?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X2qlezqrSYM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X2qlezqrSYM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

From what I've been reading....our normal peroxide boiling of injuries does more harm than good. While it messes up the bugs (sorry....BACTERIA)...it also does a number on our good cells.

The other 'new' advice, which actually makes sense it to keep the wound covered....airing out may sound good, but you'll have less scaring if you keep the outer layers of skin covered/moist at all times.

If you think about it, it makes sense.....not what we were always told to do though.

The "boiling" of the peroxide is caused by an organelle in our cells called peroxisomes, which break down toxic peroxide into water and something gas I believe.

Not all that great in the scheme of things. Maggots would get it cleaned up in a jiff!

The "boiling" of the peroxide is caused by an organelle in our cells called peroxisomes, which break down toxic peroxide into water and something gas I believe.

The "something" gas is plain old oxygen.
Hydrogen peroxide is basically water with one extra oxygen atom attached: H2O2.
Not the most stable liquid, it doesn't need "special organelles" or anything like that to break it down. Pour some out on a concrete floor from about 3 feet out, and you'll see it fizz as oxygen is released.
It is the pure oxygen that is fatal to bacteria and other microorganisms.
It is the bleaching action of oxygen that makes for all the peroxide blondes with black roots, who try to pass themselves off as the real thing.
Peroxisomes help with the metabolism of fatty acids and are also involved in the breakdown of alkohol in the liver. While it is true that some of them actually produce peroxide, they have nothing whatsoever to do with causing hydrogen peroxide to fizz, when you pour it on a wound.

That concludes todays chemistry lesson!

"When the skin goes white, it ain't healing right."

Is that a quote from Johnny Cochran?
Glad everythig is still pretty much attached Redneck. The chemistry lesson was pretty interesting. This kind of stuff intrests me now, back then I could have cared less. Well maybe the bleach blonde info would have interested me.

The "something" gas is plain old oxygen.
Hydrogen peroxide is basically water with one extra oxygen atom attached: H2O2.
Not the most stable liquid, it doesn't need "special organelles" or anything like that to break it down. Pour some out on a concrete floor from about 3 feet out, and you'll see it fizz as oxygen is released.
It is the pure oxygen that is fatal to bacteria and other microorganisms.
It is the bleaching action of oxygen that makes for all the peroxide blondes with black roots, who try to pass themselves off as the real thing.
Peroxisomes help with the metabolism of fatty acids and are also involved in the breakdown of alkohol in the liver. While it is true that some of them actually produce peroxide, they have nothing whatsoever to do with causing hydrogen peroxide to fizz, when you pour it on a wound.

That concludes todays chemistry lesson!

Good lesson! Carl, good link, too! :D

more

I went to see the doc. yesterday, didn't really want to talk then.
It seems all isn't going so well. The doc. doesn't seem to think the grapht is taking. I am inclined to agree. It doesn't have the color it should, and seems to get blacker the more air it gets.
I go back in Monday, not sure what the next step will be.

Back