You're keeping it bandaged up too much, and if you're using Neosporin/whatnot you need to use it more sparingly. It looks like you've a minor infection. Are you boiling it out with hydrogen peroxide?
From what I've been reading....our normal peroxide boiling of injuries does more harm than good. While it messes up the bugs (sorry....BACTERIA)...it also does a number on our good cells.
The other 'new' advice, which actually makes sense it to keep the wound covered....airing out may sound good, but you'll have less scaring if you keep the outer layers of skin covered/moist at all times.
If you think about it, it makes sense.....not what we were always told to do though.
The "boiling" of the peroxide is caused by an organelle in our cells called peroxisomes, which break down toxic peroxide into water and something gas I believe.
"When the skin goes white, it ain't healing right."
The "something" gas is plain old oxygen.
Hydrogen peroxide is basically water with one extra oxygen atom attached: H2O2.
Not the most stable liquid, it doesn't need "special organelles" or anything like that to break it down. Pour some out on a concrete floor from about 3 feet out, and you'll see it fizz as oxygen is released.
It is the pure oxygen that is fatal to bacteria and other microorganisms.
It is the bleaching action of oxygen that makes for all the peroxide blondes with black roots, who try to pass themselves off as the real thing.
Peroxisomes help with the metabolism of fatty acids and are also involved in the breakdown of alkohol in the liver. While it is true that some of them actually produce peroxide, they have nothing whatsoever to do with causing hydrogen peroxide to fizz, when you pour it on a wound.
That concludes todays chemistry lesson!