Tulip tree murder

That was the first video that impressed me in awhile. You killed that sucker. You put some man sized limbs on those ropes. I think a lot of dudes make love to trees. You didnt.

Cool vid to watch, just wondering though, what's the advantage in putting a face in everything, like the more horizontal limbs. A small undercut then cutting down through the top, isn't that sufficient?

When I have limbs on a rope, I often put a face on the bottom side. Let's the end weight settle downward while the limb is still attached. With a snap cut, the limb is detached suddenly, the end weight drops down and the butt will sometimes come up at me, as the knot around the wood acts as a fulcrum. Plus, for what it is or isn't worth, hinting down with a face let's the slack in the rigging get taken up less suddenly then with a snap cut. A little smoother.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes what Tucker said pretty much. Also to gain some directional swing advantage, and the 'work' also comes cleaner off the cut too, much more smoother, not so sudden, as you can see from the vid. Also, Masterblaster, Mid tying the work lends itself to the 'work' landing in the right direction for the chipper, and is a little easier for the groundsmen to deal with, as you can see from the video. That one piece, long limb over the house, I tied it off a fair way out and notched it in the direction of the rope, to clear the roof. I knew it would come back at me a little thats why I jumped out of the way!

Big or small trees, Brian doesn't really have an inferiority complex or he would never have sold the tweaked 880.

You're smooth in your work and camera skills. Most helmet cam video can instill motion sickness and be almost im-bearable to watch. Now if you could talk your way through what you're doing you could make some dam good training videos.

Think about it. You got some talent.

Thank you ever so much! That is probably the highest compliment one could ever receive. I will certainly think on it.

Mainly on my mind while working is to get the job done safe, quick, and easy.

I am just editing the next footage from that job, rigging wood isn't as interesting as the branches in my eyes. How can you make that interesting?

I understand and like the snap cuts on the wood chunks, but you could walk the viewers through it explaining why you do it that way, how you judge the gap between the cuts, how much overlap, etc.

And swing, weight, balance, etc etc etc... double rigging wood too, that is very useful to control some pieces.

Mid tying the work lends itself to the 'work' landing in the right direction

Another reason I don't do that is my ropemen are usually morons. I don't want that butt coming back at me.

That's a lonely feeling when you're up in a tree trying to rig it down and nothing but morons on the ground holding the rope. :(

Back