Treehouse members near Columbus Ohio, read this!

The problem with more laws is that enforcement is rarely carried out by people who understand what they are enforcing (and why). You need to create a new level of government capable of determining who is and isn't qualified to do whatever it is you're trying to enforce. The government job positions get filled by unmotivated people looking for a job with lifetime security, and they do their job by enforcing the exact letter of the law because that is easier than actually thinking about it and understanding what they are doing and why.

We have too many laws now. More laws won't fix the problem, only add to it.

We have had that law/rule for years.
Works just fine.

BTW, I don't think Steve Irwin counts as much of an expert any more.

The trend is to allow the bad eggs to give reason for the laws, and thusly very negatively impact the folks out there who do an excellent job. Imo such is stupid logic. One idiot went further nuts and went on a knifing spree in Tokyo, so the authorities immediately made a law reducing the allowable knife size that could be carried without a specific peaceful purpose for it. It allows the dumb ones to influence people's rights, is that what we want?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We have had that law/rule for years.
Works just fine.

BTW, I don't think Steve Irwin counts as much of an expert any more.

I don't think a freak accident disqualifies him as a person that would be, IMHO quite capable of caring for non domesticated animals (within his scope of knowledge). Although I did list the names as a bit of a humorous quip. :)

I just meant that he is dead, Paul.
You'd need an ouija board to consult him now.

Back