Tree felling vids

Believe it or not Stig, I AM doing some things with a saw that would blow your mind...

BWAAAAHAHAHA :lol:
Too bad none of them involve tree work. Your ego is about the biggest I've ever seen, Daniel. Too bad you never learned how to put it away and learn a little something about tree work from people who do know what they are doing.

Back on ignore for you.
tumblr_m6ige4tcSS1r7m6md.gif

BWAAAAHAHAHA :lol:
Too bad none of them involve tree work. Your ego is about the biggest I've ever seen, Daniel. Too bad you never learned how to put it away and learn a little something about tree work from people who do know what they are doing.

Back on ignore for you.

Maybe its your ego that needs to take a step back before you can learn something Rocky... Do you really think that I have nothing to teach you???? How arrogant is that?

I've posted the videos (repeatedly).. but no one is paying attention.. no one has the humility to ask "how'd you do that?"... All you do is sling mud... so reap what you sew.

:lol:

You and Burnham are turning this into comedy of the finest kind:)

I wil give you $1000 Murphy... If you can get Stig to admit that he learned something valuable from YOU, related to saw technique.

Luck for me I wil NEVER have to pay that wager.

The wonder of it all is that you (Murph) want to take a teacher's stance to begin with. Most guys on here invite critique, but aren't putting out ads asking for a personal trainer. Why do you WANT to teach Stig, Brian, or anyone else here ANYTHING? Why not show your skill quietly and humbly, and then enjoy the compliments if you receive any?

Here a while back, Stig mentioned that Carl gave him the idea of using a porty to interface with a rope on hard pulls. Stig's profile shows he's now 55, Carl is now 26. Stig admitted to learning something from a guy less than half his age. I learned the porty trick on my own, having to tie to the back of a tractor one day, and being able to find nothing smooth to tie to, I used a piece of chain to attach the porty to the tractor, then wrapped the rope onto it. (Necessity is the mother of invention). Am/was I the first person to EVER think of this? NO, definitely not. Jerry shows using a similar device in his videos that he made himself before the porty even came along. The point is, if and when anyone thinks of anything in this line of work, there is every chance that it's been done before, by someone else.

Arguing over one's skillset is like two old men arguing over which one was potty-trained first. If you have the skill, you learned it somewhere, whether from someone, or necessity.

I heard a line in a movie the other night....younger guy asks older guy where he's from. (They're in Boston). Older guy says Louisiana. He then says to the younger guy, "You fancy yourself as being from here. Just remember that I've been here longer than you've been alive."

That said, carry on. I admit wholeheartedly that I DO NOT know it all, but I look forward to learning.

Come on Scott... You know we are all just trying to get out of Murphs shadow.... Its hard when you realize, that everything you devote yourself to learning and honing just comes so easy to someone else. I mean such a RAW understanding of physics, its like he can shrink himself and walk among the hinge fibers, hearing the stories they tell and feeling their pain.

Hey Murph, between you and Nosak, who is Sensei Splinter and who is the Ninja Turtle?

T
Here a while back, Stig mentioned that Carl gave him the idea of using a porty to interface with a rope on hard pulls. Stig's profile shows he's now 55, Carl is now 26. Stig admitted to learning something from a guy less than half his age. I learned the porty trick on my own, having to tie to the back of a tractor one day, and being able to find nothing smooth to tie to, I used a piece of chain to attach the porty to the tractor, then wrapped the rope onto it. (Necessity is the mother of invention). Am/was I the first person to EVER think of this? NO, definitely not. Jerry shows using a similar device in his videos that he made himself before the porty even came along. The point is, if and when anyone thinks of anything in this line of work, there is every chance that it's been done before, by someone else.
That said, carry on. I admit wholeheartedly that I DO NOT know it all, but I look forward to learning.

Taking credit for "inventing" attaching a porty to a truck is like taking credit for figuring out where to put the gas in a saw... I posted a picture of that back at AS in 2002-2003... As is using a T-square to check the gun of a notch.. I posted a video of that well before holmie posted a thread introducing "his" new technique... It never even occurred to me that it was something "new"... just common sense..

A conversation with Murph is impossible as it is a 2 way discourse. Because he does everything first & knows more than anyone else that is not relevant to him. So whilst he deals with burden of being perfect, has anyone seen any tree vids worth sharing?

Scott, that was really a good post.
One of those that makes the Treehouse my favourite place to hang out.

+1

Dan,

Remember what Stig said to RangerDanger? You dont see RD going off the handle about how great he is...He is one of the youngest out of all of us. If it was about egos you wouldnt see the exchanges you see here.

Next on my list, as far Willard is concerned if he wants to make a great video about some new to him technique than let him. Forget about whos the better treeman; Willard Holmen is a better man than you will ever be period.

I am so tired of your crap. If you want to pollute the Buzz, fine. You fit in well over there Danny, but we like our little place here, cant you just leave us alone? Nooone is thanking you or telling you how much they appreciate you. You are continually met with adversity, dislike, and a group of people you consider your professional peers that just continues to lose respect for you.

Whats the value of you coming here? You know so much more than us, we dont teach you anything, our videos are boring, our techniques are outdated, were unsafe, uneducated, what do you have to gain by being here? We dont apreciate your great talents? You sir are pearls before swine, and we are not worthy.

Lastly its difficult to reap what you sew but it isnt so unheard of to reap what you sow.

Back