Tree felling vids

If you listen at the begining, some woman was mad the tree came down, she was getting kinda vocal. Then a dog showed up so you can here Chris talking to the dog while he was holding it and the dog panting away in the background

Wowser, Willie....cool too see that. My wife and I spent the last 5 days on the Olympic Peninsula (stayed in Gig Harbor with my daughter and fiancee) and did a lot of hiking and sightseeing in the National Forest...saw a LOT of trees like that. It's still hard to believe there are so many big trees in the PNW.

Well, one less now I guess. Thanks for the video.

Very well done, as usual Willie. A jack is nice for that sort of lean, offers control without drama. 40 ton is a biggie, mine is 20, though I think it is a conservative rating, from past performance.

As for the wedges spitting out thing, I found a way to deal with that and simply forgot to mention it here.
I took two hardheads with the metal knocked off so they were useless. I made one wedge out of them battaching them to each other with a bunch of wood screws.
Now they cant spit out, unless both go at s the same time, which is unlikely.
No good for hammering on but works great as a back-up for pull jobs!

Here's a quickie we dropped in the street... a lot easier to clean up with all that mess on blacktop.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f0AxXqXvPEo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Awesome show Willie, really satisfying fell! I aspire to work on trees that you do one day... :) You use skill, initiative, jacks. Not a clinky old skidsteer in sight! God bless ya x

FOr all the fuggen around on that tree to drop it in the street, You could have climbed up 10 more feet, or raised the bucket up, cut all the rest of the top out, just dropped the spar and been done with it..

FOr all the fuggen around on that tree to drop it in the street, You could have climbed up 10 more feet, or raised the bucket up, cut all the rest of the top out, just dropped the spar and been done with it..

why do people say sht like that? Even if that made any sense... how can you second guess the work? Like you know all the considerations that go into a decision better than the guy doing the job...
I always give them the benefit of the doubt.. just basic respect for your peers... like they must have reasons for doing things their way... and maybe I can learn something if I keep an open mind..

People talk a lot of sht online.. too bad..it really detracts from the potential of what could be..

Here's the thing Murph. No one wants to see your videos. Or hear your comments. Butch tolerates you being here. Every other member would prefer you didn't participate. It's been discussed at great length. Sooo, when you post, expect negativity. Your asshole behavior has made you unwelcome. As a result, you get treated that way. Remember when you pounced on Mistahbenn's tulip poplar thread? And showed no respect? And were questioning his work methods? Well guess what? This is what you get. The same treatment. So continue posting, and notice your posts either get ignored or laughed at.

When I hit play on murphs video I just saw this:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cZrlCKUB7a4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dang guys. It's the interwebs, if you don't like someone ignore them. This has been a fantastic thread in spots.

Now, hold-on just a minute! I know I'm writing for the minority but there's another way of looking at this. For example: when it's sunny, I got shades; when it's loud, I got muffs; when it's Murphvid, I got WTF. There's stuff to be learned by watching right, wrong, and lucky. Murphvid's got all three. PLUS, there's all the delightful dialog. Besides, my MAC's got an Ass-Speak App showing: Ignore-Laugh-Remember. It's ALL good ... keep 'em coming!!!

:popcorn:

I am with the two rabble rousers above...I learn stuff from the comments from folks that don't agree with Murphy and from his videos. I say lay it all out and see what shakes out.

Like the Boss says...."don't be hatin'"

It's not a bashing thread. Still a great thread. Murph was upset that he got pounced on. I helped him see why. A thank you is in order if anything.

Back