Traveling With Firearms

• Thread starter Mr. Sir
  • Start date
  • Replies 224
  • Views 16K
What about people that are wanting to own guns..new owners, required to take a course on the safe handling. Following the course will be an examination. It might at least help keep a few people out of the statistics.

He could kill with any manner of weapon, gun, rock, stick, shovel, whatever was handy. I think he might have been a minor death god.
Did he like apples?

Ryuk_by_TheSacredMushroom.jpg

What about people that are wanting to own guns..new owners, required to take a course on the safe handling. Following the course will be an examination. It might at least help keep a few people out of the statistics.
Thats pretty much what our system is, plus a basic background check. And of course the range of firearms available and the ability to carry them in public. I dont mind our system, too much. :)

I mind our system a lot.
I really want to be able to own 16 different types of guns, so I can feel free!

Since I've never heard anyone say the sentences that start that piece, I think I'll pass on all that text.

I'm not gonna get within 10 feet of the gun ownership arguments here...but I have to lol at y'all whenever the "not gonna catch me out in the wilderness without a gun, what with all those bears and coyotes and wolves and cougars and..." point gets raised.
:lol:

I'm not gonna get within 10 feet of the gun ownership arguments here...but I have to lol at y'all whenever the "not gonna catch me out in the wilderness without a gun, what with all those bears and coyotes and wolves and cougars and..." point gets raised.
:lol:

+1. Even when I was working at Softuk which is Brown bear city, I didn't need to carry for bear protection. I just liked to shooting.

I guess none of ya'll ever watched the HBO series Six Feet Under?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/noIJyY2KxRA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But I'm sure this never happens in real life.

That was cool, the unexpectedness. From what I've read, most attacks are from behind.

I have kids and live stock.. There are mountain lion and bear in my back yard. I often wear a gun.... Summer time.. Snake shot in my 38. Some good sized timber rattlers up here as well..... There ya go.

So, wild animals don't kill humans with regularity? That's news to me.

Not that regularly. I worked all over the cougar infested island, as well as in grizzly reserves here in the interior. And every other type of isolated wilderness that BC has to offer for 12 years, never once did a wild animal harm me or anyone else I worked with. Ever.

Out in the wild, they are often not much of a problem (unless you stumble into the wrong place/wrong time often cubs involved). It is when they are closer to where they get used to being around humans is when it becomes more frequent. If you have a couple of them that aren't afraid of you, sitting on your front porch, eating your dog or cat, and don't even flinch when you try to make a loud scaring off work... Best just shoot em.

Agreed. The urban interface is where I mostly hear of any issues, and if they come sniffing 'round my place they'd get shot too. But with 300+pds of dog running around, even the 'yotes rarely to never come very close to me. I usually hear a few stories a year of livestock getting eaten, and lately wolves seem to be on the rebound or atleast coming in closer. That could make for some interesting times ahead. One was spotted just recently within about a mile of my place.

No wolves here.. Yotes are pretty good sized and not really too shy these days. Llamas do a decent job of the cat issues.
They issued a permit to kill the last couple cats here that had front porch dining going on :lol:

I hear llamas make excellent guard dogs and keep coyotes and even wolves away from livestock.

Flat tires are rare. Hell, I've only ever had one.

I still carry a spare, just in case.

;)

The kids are pretty safe around the llamas as well... But they are not always in the same fenced area. I can say this...
2 rules in the back yard.
1) Never pick up a crying baby goat with out first checking where Bailey & Marvin are.... (the llamas)
2) Never spank or pick up a crying child with out ...............

They about flanked Katy one day on the baby goat violation... :lol:

Flat tires are rare. Hell, I've only ever had one.

I still carry a spare, just in case.

;)

I had a flat a few months ago while on a jobsite, a 30 second phone call and I got back to work, mobile repair truck came, removed, repaired, rebalanced and reinstalled my tire. I came back to truck and found the bill, $10 more than the repair would have cost me at a shop if I had brought them the tire. Now if I was way out in the country, I could understand using the spare, I've done that too. :)

Back