Traveling With Firearms

• Thread starter Mr. Sir
  • Start date
  • Replies 224
  • Views 16K
Treebogan's link embedded:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bI0AzYwIILQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How quickly you forget, Willie:

View attachment 37927

I didn't forget. Not many can say one actually saved their life. I know very few civilians that have been saved by a gun. A couple that have been shot, one killed in his own home by police but this wasn't the point. Even without seat belt laws, I would wear mine 95% of the time as I bet most here would even though it will probably never save your life. Just fodder for the debate

I didn't forget. Not many can say one actually saved their life. I know very few civilians that have been saved by a gun.

Read more conservative news; there's 5 or 6 stories a month just in the NRA magazine alone.

This thread has had me thinking a bit and I ended up in a surplus store the other day where I encountered a fella that seemed to know his stuff. We got to chatting and the topic of body armor came up, which I thought was banned for all but law enforcement in this province in order to keep the gang dudes from legally wearing it but apparently the rules were relaxed a smidgen in the few years since the laws were rammed through. There are exceptions and I happen to fall under them as I have my firearms license as previously discussed. Whoohoo!

"Who May Possess Body Armour WITHOUT a Permit:

Individuals exempt from requiring a permit to possess body armour while performing the job on which the exemption is granted are:

Those who have a valid B.C. security worker license authorizing them to provide the services of an armoured car guard, a private investigator, a security consultant, a security guard and / or a body armour salesperson.
Peace officers, sheriffs, corrections officers and conservation officers.
Those employed by the government if wearing body armour is required or allowed in the course of the person's employment.
Security guards registered as a gaming worker under the Gaming Control Act.
Individuals who possess a valid firearms licence issued under the Firearms Act (Canada)."

Body armor is practically mandatory in places like Oakland, since the citizen can't defend himself and the police sure as hell can't protect 'em. :roll:

What was it maybe a few years back those two desperados robbed a bank in California all armored up .Shot up a couple cops .They got riddled with shots themselves from the polices' pea shooters .Then someone trotted off to a local gun shop and got I think a 7MM mag or some other hi powered rifle and that ended it .

That was retarded, IMHO. Not ONE FREAKING COP could think to go for a head shot????

Back