The RIP Thread...

His 1955 Mille Miglia win is IMO the greatest piece of driving ever.
If you read up on what the roads and conditions were like, the fact that he did it in 10 hours non stop is out of this world.

Different style, I’d say Ben was more of a comedy actor than a comedian, but I take your point Bob.

The scene where the owner of the Baseball club (someone well known to Americans) is siting in the Costanza’s sitting room, telling them about George’s supposed death is so funny, Frank is siting there fulminating, rocking back and forth wringing his hands seemingly in grief, then shouts a the guy “what the hell did you trade Jay Buner (Sp) for?”

Wow. Thanks, Nate.

Well, all of us old members will remember that Reed was a hoot, indeed. Also a whackadooddle of the first order :). But then, who among us is not at least half a bubble off plumb :D...though Reed was at least a bubble and a half off.

Sorry he's gone, he was always entertaining and almost never harsh...another of those fellows for whom the mold was shattered after he was cast.

Reed was wacky on line. I climbed for him back in 2002. He was fun to hang out with.

He was a stage 4 some kinda horrible cancer survivor (lymphoma). I'll never forget his story about going to the hospital because he felt poor to be given a diagnosis of 6 months to live. He said at the first stop light he was like, "I don't have much time, I can't wait at this light...."

There'll be no interesting...McConnell & federalist society will install another social ultra-conservative forthwith

Not before the election. The Dems are willing to destroy the country to further their agenda. You think they’re going to approve anyone Trump nominates?

I don't think the Dems in the senate have the votes to stop a Trump nominee.

Of course, before the end of Obama's second term, McConnell and the Senate Republicans were all about waiting until the voters had their say on who is to be the next president before acting on a SC nominee.

Not going to be following that path now, methinks. He's already ginning up for getting it done soonest.

Also of course, Schumer will now take the position that the voters ought to have their say before considering a SC nominee...a direct opposite position to that the Senate Dems took at the end of the Obama administration.

We should not be surprised. But we perhaps should consider kicking the whole lot of them, both parties, right to the curb.

Not that I have a viable alternative to offer. The whole scene there in Washington sucks the hairy moose lips.

Last edited:
I think it’s time for term limits for every leech in Washington. RBG has been worthless as a SC justice for years now. Folks that actually work for a living usually want to retire around 65...some go to 70. But the leaches? They go til the death angel drags them from their perch...

Last edited:
Back