The Redneck Thread.

• Thread starter fishhuntcutwood
  • Start date
  • Replies 73
  • Views 9K
Hey man, I meant nothin' by it! I was born in the hills too my brother! People make fun of the way I talk, the fact that I've been noodlin', the fact that I've eaten squirrel brains, the fact that I had a shotgun when I was five, but never owned a BB gun, the fact I've never owned a truck without mud tires, I've been to LEGAL cockfights..... And yeah, I used "they" in my post, but that's because I don't live in Southern Indiana anymore, and I've not owned a beagle for a long time. I'm a refined redneck now. I haven't been in a state were noodlin' is legal since '99.

I meant no insult by it. But I stand by it, people make jokes about me because it's my choice to catch catfish with my bare hands. It's my choice to have camoflauge seat covers in my truck. It's my choice to keep my saws in my house. It's a lifestyle, and it's a choice. Nothin' wrong with being a redneck.

DAMNIT JEFF!!!!!!! I thought you knew me beter than that!!!!! Everybody else ignored my ass, but you took the bait hook line and sinker!!!:lol:
Sorry buddy, no offense was taken, I was just razin ya, I is what I is, an I LIKE IT!!!!:D

Yes, I is a REDNECK!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Damnit! It's like you and Gary "fighting" over at AS. Nah, I thought I'd offended you with the goat comment or something.

I'm serious though, I'm from the hills and I've done things that'd make alot of civilized people's head spin. But I've not lived down home for better than ten years now, so alot of my habits have faded. But there's to this day people in my home town of 400 people that don't have indoor plumbing. As such I felt qualified to comment on goats and beer cans.

And I thought you'd had a bad day at work er somethin and I'd offened ya.

Well fine then. Someday you and me meet up, and the first case is on me. ;)

Nah, I was seeing everybody going right along with it, so I had to put up a fight:lol:
I figured you'd see right through my BS.

Goats huh? I wonder if you could cook that like a drunken chicken, run a stick all the way through it, build a little tri-pod under neath and rest it on a beer can:lol:

Nah, I was seeing everybody going right along with it, so I had to put up a fight:lol:
I figured you'd see right through my BS.

Goats huh? I wonder if you could cook that like a drunken chicken, run a stick all the way through it, build a little tri-pod under neath and rest it on a beer can:lol:

A small keg? :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

My Mom and Dad are conosiuers (sp?) of drunken chicken.

Some pix

Attachments

• Redneck Mail Box.jpg
    Redneck Mail Box.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 70
  • rednecksatellite.jpg
    rednecksatellite.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Redneck Yacht Club.jpg
    Redneck Yacht Club.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 69
Hey Andy, you played that one pretty good. Even I thought you were pist. Hell, I was debating if I wanted to bust your balls for getting butt-hurt over redneck commentary.

Nice play dude, ya had me fooled.:D

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/viUwxDc9Btg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/viUwxDc9Btg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Hey Andy, you played that one pretty good. Even I thought you were pist. Hell, I was debating if I wanted to bust your balls for getting butt-hurt over redneck commentary.

Nice play dude, ya had me fooled.:D

Thank you:lol: I didn't think Jeff would get rattled that bad about it though.

I figured all of the ignorant things I have done, I can't say too much, other than I am red through and through!!:P

Red Green Rocks Frans, I love that show!!
"If you're women can' find you handsome, at least they'll find you handy!"

I thought the funniest line in The Dukes of Hazard was when I think the black urban guys called the Duke brothers hillbillies, and one of them said "we prefer Appalachian American".

I thought the funniest line in The Dukes of Hazard was when I think the black urban guys called the Duke brothers hillbillies, and one of them said "we prefer Appalachian American".

You know those were good 'ol boys, and I know they never meant no harm to anyone, but....not the smartest guys.

This one episode they broke the tractor, spent most of the show fixing it and at the end they got it running.
Last shot was them getting air and doing wheelies!

Now how smart was that?

Any good 'ol redneck (or appalachian american) knows that a tractor is way to important to be doing bunny hops and getting air with it.

Why my old man woulda tarred my hind end if he saw me doing that!
:|:

I used to let our 1020 JD roll down a hill backwords untill it got up to 3 or 4 mph and then pop the clutch. I could carry a wheelie 15 or 20 feet and set it down nice and smooth. My teenage buddy from down the road tried to one up me when no one was around. He must have let it roll down the hill farther to pick up more speed. He told me the clutch blew up for no good reason. Dad sent it to the JD dealer to get it fixed and they knew exactly what happened. I guess the clutch was blown into tiny fragments. Dad didn't blow his top much as I thought he would. I guess my buddy helping on the farm most of the time for free balanced out the damage he did. If my kids buddy did it I don't think he would have been around anymore.

You know those were good 'ol boys, and I know they never meant no harm to anyone, but....not the smartest guys.

This one episode they broke the tractor, spent most of the show fixing it and at the end they got it running.
Last shot was them getting air and doing wheelies!

Now how smart was that?

Any good 'ol redneck (or appalachian american) knows that a tractor is way to important to be doing bunny hops and getting air with it.

Why my old man woulda tarred my hind end if he saw me doing that!
:|:

Not to mention dangerous. In a car at least you have a cab around you, but in a tractor you are just hanging out there. If you flip it over, that may very well be the last thing that you do on this earth. I realize that it was television, and therefore not real, plus they were playing up the stereotype to get a few laughs. Watching some guy cultivating corn or whatever isn't very humerous, unless he does something totally idiotic. I pulled a few tractor stunts in my day. I was working for my Uncle moving apricot bins out of the field with these tractors with a forklift forks made on the 3-point and my Uncle had just watered down the yard and it was very slick and my cousins came in there as fast as the tractor would go (about 15 mph) and cranked his wheels over and the tractor made a couple of spins before coming to a stop. Well that started the contest. It didn't end until my other cousin flattened a rear tire on his tractor and then we were out there trying to cover up all the skid marks through the mud. Good thing my Uncle was in the local bar for one of his 3 (or more) martini lunches. Gave us time to get the tire fixed and get the yard full of apricot bins before he came back.

Our tractor had a back-blade on it so it couldn't really go over.

Another wheelie episode- My dad walked up to me to talk about what i should do next with the tractor so I pushed the clutch in and held it thinking it would be a 10 second conversation. When it turned into a longer talk I bumped the shifter up a click (JD 4010) into nuetral and lifted my foot off the clutch. The tractor jumped into a 4 foot wheelie and almost ran over my dad. I swore that i had it in nuetral and I knew I did. Years later the same thing happened with my dad on the tractor and hired man in front of the back tire. I heard the story from the hired man but I didn't confront Dad with an I told you so. I felt better knowing he knew I was right though. Turns out the linkage was worn and needed to be rebuilt.

I have a push mower that the guard fell off of.
I wired a piece o' coffee can onto it. It was not pretty.
This season will see me on Craig's List for a free mower.

Back