The Official Work Pictures Thread

That's just Too Cool!

Here's usually an amazing view from Sea Cliff neighborhood looking out at foggy golden gate.
dd04510b457e384102c3132bcc1a2bee.jpg

Black oak deadwood last week

I know it dont look high up but my TIP was 100ft up...used up all 200ft of rope in SRT mode ;)

007.jpg

008.jpg

Skylar was dying to go up a fun size one today to limb up and top...he did a great job :thumbup:...the only one we just couldnt fell, would have been to much damage to other trees

044.jpg

047.jpg

Nice pics! Do you usually do the base tie for srt, or does it depend?

That's a first for me too Max, ice cream in the tree. That picture would make a good advertisement for the ice cream company, I'm sure they could come up with a slogan for it.
Great pictures Scott. Your "fun size" would be quite a climb around these parts.

Nice pics! Do you usually do the base tie for srt, or does it depend?

I always base tie it Cory either on the trunk of the tree Im working or another tree close which is even better in that it gets the "down rope" a way from being accidentally cut

Rained like cats and dogs for half the day, lightened up a little before closing time. Pretty unusual for the location to have a Chestnut in the mix, surprised it was growing so healthy in the wet like that. Close grained good wood for something. Behind a second home, with holes in the incline you had to be careful moving around, Too damp a location to have a home for my tastes, but it was better with more air passing through after. Leave the brush tightly packed against the cliff, not by the water, the crane pulled the logs back over the roof. Cops were driving around with a loudspeaker warning about a Bear. :/:

Attachments

• DSC_0040.JPG
    DSC_0040.JPG
    663.4 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_0023.JPG
    DSC_0023.JPG
    724.1 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC_0020.JPG
    DSC_0020.JPG
    959.8 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_0029.JPG
    DSC_0029.JPG
    704.1 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_0043.JPG
    DSC_0043.JPG
    678.7 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_0052.JPG
    DSC_0052.JPG
    617 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_0039.JPG
    DSC_0039.JPG
    712.6 KB · Views: 51
Agreed. Falling to your demise after cutting your own stinkin rope has to be the only known (well I won't say drawback)............ uh........ Just don't cut your own stinkin rope, and you're going to be infinitely faster than most dDrt guys in most situations.

Williard: Sheesh, sir,... you earned your money on that pig. Looks good though, sir... I gotta say.

Max: But my eight-grade Social Studies teacher in my American Public School said that you guys don't have Haagan-Daas over there!? She wasn't LYING to me was she!? :O Oh DEAR! That could cause me to loose faith in my American Public Institutions and Media!! :O

Nahh... just jokin bro... I knew it was a fake ice-cream. ;)

Brian: Dude, your stinkin tall... you know that? I wonder if you're taller than Joel. You know what though... NOBODY'S taller than Dave. (thattreeguy on here). That guy's 6'7" if he's an inch. His knees used to give him the devil. Stephan: Does he still climb at all? Years ago he was wantn' ta give er up.

O.k. so here's a pretty boring picture of a boring cottonwood... Thing is, though!... Look at this pig bleed in the second pic. The third picture features the saw chain from my new little blue 201tcm which Andy dubbed "Pappa Smurf," right before firing up the bucket truck, which I had just shut off to take lunch, and then jumping it over a curb thereby launching Pappa Smurf onto the blacktop, and cracking all kinds of plastic on the filter-cover, etc... Ohhh Dude, I was insane pissed. I might need a coupla anger-management tools since I don't drink on the job. :( I'll try to post a coupla pics of her so that you gents know that she's still o.k. just to... you know... put your hearts at ease a bit. I've calmed down a bit. Only two beers tonight :X MAN! I want 50 though!!! :X:X:X

unnamed-932.jpg unnamed-933.jpg unnamed-934.jpg

You guys ever seen Cottonpig turn Pink before??

unnamed-931.jpg

AHHHGG!!! Man Jay!! You stole all my thunder! :X Your pics are some of the best I've ever seen!@!!

WAAAAYyy more beautiful. :X

Yes fine pics, Jay.

Good technique, Scott, thanks. I never thought of that but it makes sense for sure.

AHHHGG!!! Man Jay!! ... :X Your pics are some of the best I've ever seen!@!!

WAAAAYyy more beautiful. :X

I know you are mostly kidding, Jedi. But if there was any element of truth to your post, look in a positive light: you posted cool pics as usual, everyone likes cool pics, you say Jay's pics were even more beautiful (i.e. more cool) than the pics you posted, bottom line is we all, according to you, have even cooler pics to view than the cool pics you posted. Its a win/win/win situation. We all love cool, beautiful pics. S'all good. Aw yeah. :thumbup:

Great stuff Scott! Tall dang black oaks for certain. You guys got a lot of seemingly taller pines up there than we do here. Maybe all the mining took most our older ones :dontknow:

Cool shots Jay. I love the stream! Nice load of wood too :)

NOBODY'S taller than Dave. (thattreeguy on here). That guy's 6'7" if he's an inch. His knees used to give him the devil. Stephan: Does he still climb at all? Years ago he was wantn' ta give er up.

View attachment 72597
Yes Jed, he is still climbing. Hurts him though. He might be back soon. Still trying to get enough stuff working on the larger jobs to justify having him out.

Yes Jed, he is still climbing. Hurts him though. He might be back soon. Still trying to get enough stuff working on the larger jobs to justify having him out.

Tell him to check in, he's the real deal!!

Max: But my eight-grade Social Studies teacher in my American Public School said that you guys don't have Haagan-Daas over there!? She wasn't LYING to me was she!? :O Oh DEAR! That could cause me to loose faith in my American Public Institutions and Media!! :O

Nahh... just jokin bro... I knew it was a fake ice-cream. ;)

Yes, it is the really fake ice-cream!:)

Jed, that is about the lousiest stump shut, I've ever seen from you.
A bypass and a non-intended dutchman in the same face cut, plus the bottom side of the face looks like a mad beaver chewed it out.

Certainly not the quality of work that we are used to seeing from you.

I should probably toss a smiley in here, but I figure you know me well enough to know I'm just taking the piss, as our Limey friends say.

Yesterday (except for Jay's pics) for me, was just a bad day... no two ways about it. 1) The management made us take a mandatory lunch thereby extending our workday by half an hour. 2) Pappa Smurf got dinged-up. 3) No smiley needed, Stig... I was super pissed with myself. Steep ground... my usual nemesis. 4) It was pretty hot. Today is supposed to be 94 degrees. My goal is to not foster the ol' anger engine at all today....... We'll see how that goes.

Well Jed, if it makes you feel better, I had a decent day today. Got my goal done for the week and loaded up just before the rain hit today. That is until I checked on what our stump guy did.
image.jpg
On the right is a big ass root he missed and the bobcat wouldn't budge it. On the left is the new riser for the gas valve that he destroyed. Checked the rest of the stumps and same shit. One of my groundmen said after seeing it, " where I used to work that kinda stuff meant you would be standing in the bread line for food cause you ain't getting no more checks from us!" That valve was over three feet from the stump and sticking up six inches! :X

My goal is to not foster the ol' anger engine at all today....... We'll see how that goes.

You have anyone on the crew who models chill behavior? Sometimes that can make it easier for you to work on

Crazy, Rich.

Back