The Official Work Pictures Thread

Lanyard was double wrapped Butch, I have to grab it there in order to 'flip,flop' it with a wrist action to get it up. Palm trunk was hard and slippy, one wrap was not a comfy feeling!

I do the same thing too Bermy. on small skinny trees. Gives me a much better feeling and security.

Small (these are some pics of the 2 biggest) cottonwoods and Alders all day today. I think we did 12 of em. You can see how far of a drag it was for the boys to the chipper. They were pissed. It (for us) was pretty hot. We were waaay ahead of this two-day job which we'll (almost certainly) be finishing up pretty stinkin early, so... we decided to go into the shop a bit (1 hour) early. Bad idea. The boss chewed me out in front of the boys. I just ate humble-pie, cause I knew I was breakin the law. Then he felt bad for chewing me out, so he said, "Look Jed I'm sorry for coming-across like this, but I've got to chew you and Chris (the other removal-guy who's also always coming in early too early:lol:) out in front of everybody tomorrow morning." I was thinkin, "Man, how's this supposed to make me feel better. :lol:"

Ohhh, mannn... All of you Williards and Deva's out there... mannnnn.... I've got more respect for you guys than you could possibly imagine.

Attachments

• unnamed-930.jpg
    unnamed-930.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 58
  • unnamed-929.jpg
    unnamed-929.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 58
Rules are rules maybe, but every now and then coming in early to work in the shop and get good ready for the next day, doesn't seem like something to get your balls busted about. A clean chainsaw helps make a happy chainsaw.

Never get back to the shop early.

Find a hiding place (we used to watch TV at this chick's house....I'd park the van around the corner.....and we'd watch Oprah....all 15 of us....Conservation Corp...., do errands (I would drive crew members to the post office or supermarket)......going to the shop is to get in the car and leave. That's just me.

Now I just drive around lurking the streets of SF.

Hmmm....Today it was digging out stumps.

745b904aa8bd00a7e528e2b376a45571.jpg

0cbad748868357039e0bb080e998e3f1.jpg

Sucks to get chewed out over that. I have no problem getting back to the shop early on hot days where the guys busted ass and got stuff done. Boss usually doesn't give me much grief over it. When he does start I apologize and tell him next time we will get the truck stuck at the dump or something to fill out the day. I don't do the hiding well. I get bored and I have to much other stuff to do.

I agree. 10 to brush it out, 10 to chunk it in 12 foot lengths. The one to the left is a much bigger task though. Top is easy, if not dense.....the bigger wood is tricky because of the sloping ground and the house at the bottom. Hoping to fall a 60-70 ft log and tie it off to stop it rolling down the slope. Otherwise it'll have to be a vertical speedline with 10ft chunks....hopefully not.

Nice pics Reg, assuming the tree is dead straight, how were you ensuring that the log did as it was told. Ie what cut? Did you use a little felling lever? (I think I would have)

Wow, I think I'd piss myself halfway up. Almost glad after seeing those pics that we've not anything close to that big here in the midwest. Also reg, your name got brought up in the comments of my new video reviewing my new 201T, was referencing your 201T "modding" video, I absolutely loved it. Not at all impressed with the new ones performance.

Sheesh, Reg, you're getting pretty fast at those, and that looked like a pretty good little stick. 120'ish?? Don't know if I could do that in 20 mins. Was it just the three logs to roll-out before you fell the stick, and did you just use your top-handle for all three? Were you afraid the butt-stick could slide down when you fell it uphill? Thanks.

Mick: Out here most of us just use what we call C.O.G. Cuts. You're just undermining the lean with a mimimum 60% face-cut, and then just minding the wood very, very closely on the back, and cutting very carefully to make sure she goes. She almost always goes.

I used snap cuts, with a 1 inch gap. They come off easy enough with a push....but any wider and I'd have struggled.

There was probably 6 or 7 chunks Jed. I just picked out the best pics. There was just a little flat spot on the side of the hill to land then. The stick is still stood up, i need to tie it off when we fall it today....same as the big one. Realise also that most of the brush was in the last 1/3, hence 10 minutes to limb.

I got some small clips from the whole job. Just topped out the big one and have the log guyed and ready to fall as a 120ft pole. Whole tree measured at 150, much to my surprise, I thought it'd be much shorter until I got into it. Thereafter I started getting a sinking feeling.....I have to finish here today to make any money.

Ok good stuff, snap cuts are the most efficient I guess.

Jed, that'll be the cut SouthSound Tree used to talk about a lot, I've never used it.

Back