The Official Work Pictures Thread

6 dead rotten birch trees today, 2 were leaning towards home with branches over roof, ugg...spikes going in a little to far for my taste :|:

003.jpg

groundie killin it today..lol..equivalent to Balsa wood ha
010.jpg

Yeah, better you than me, Scott... no fun at all.

Speakin a not much fun... Cottonwoods. BUT!! Ohio Rich gave me a call... Man, Rich!... You sound EXActly like Willie Gingg of Southern Oregon Tree Care. I'm serious, you guys could be twin brothers. And THEN... the ever pictorially allusive Cory gave me a call. Cory sounds exactly like he writes... all I can say. Cool guy. I'll be givin you a call before too long Cory.

Nasty day though. The shop this morning degenerated into a dogfight quarrel (as so often happens on a Monday) over which estimators' crew was going to get the second bucket today. They ended up giving it to me so I stripped up these 10 Cottonwoods to be removed by Thurs, and was able to remove two of them entirely. But I only get the bucket for the one day. Sorry I had to bail off the phone so soon guys... felt rude... :(

Corey... Check this graft out... I didn't even know Cottonwoods coud DO this.

Williard: BEAUTIFUL stuff. I love Moosehead, too.

unnamed-941.jpg unnamed-938.jpg unnamed-940.jpg unnamed-939.jpg

Looks sturdy as hell that graft, nice!

Good to have a quick chat, Jed. You sound very easygoing, like a laid back West coaster 8) :thumbup:

image.jpg
Started week 2 of locust removals in Cleveland for the gas company. These are the ones that were deemed to have to much root damage after the contractor and concrete guys came through. I told the city arborist back in Febuary that they needed to remove these trees. Of course what do I know. They ripped out the roots in the sidewalk side and decided the trees are now unsafe. Makes it fun to remove when you have to keep the rigging small and keep the swings to a minimum. Should finish up Wednesday unless the power company pulls through with a make safe for me. I'm not convinced the lines are even live but I'm not going in with out knowing for sure.

Good quick chat with you as well Jed. Sorry it had to be so short but I had three guys below me staring up, chipper wide open, and looking confused. I told them I had to answer. It's not every day I get to chat while 60' up in the bucket with someone on the other side of the country doing the same thing.

It's not every day I get to chat while 60' up in the bucket with someone on the other side of the country doing the same thing.

It doesn't seem like that should be so weird, but it is... I know. Hopefully I can give you a call before too long at a time when you're (we're) more likely to have the liesure to chat. Here's the difference between your guys and mine... mine were like: "Go ahead and talk." :lol: I'm beggining to think that I might be a slave driver. My phone sucks to hear through. Couldn't even hear Cory most of the time.

"I didn't want to be the one to chicken out."......... :lol::lol:

A lot Willard, that's where another pair of hands comes in.........handy!

For instance looking at that you could have lowered/zipped those branches to someone on the pavement who would have chipped them while you climbed.

If only you'd had the foresight 25 years ago to have a son who could...........hang on!:)

Just be thankful that you can fall stuff like that, Williard. Most of us need a $150,000.00 bucket truck for that tree.

So do you think that Corey from Connecticut is the biggest holdout in the Treehouse? The dude just sits quietly back asking his dumb, little questions and never posting any pics of his work or anything, when... all the while... well... see for yourself... he sent these to my phone with four or five of the sickest tree vids that I've ever seen, but I can't figure out how to post em. :X:X:|::|::|::|::|::|::|::|::|::X:X

Cory, dude... throw those vids up, you jackass. Sorry man, but, no more sand-baggin o.k.? Time to start teaching US, dude.

unnamed-943.jpg unnamed-942.jpg

Andy and I had to strip out a ton of Old Growth ivy from four different trees, and then fall an ivey covered telephone pole.

unnamed-949.jpg

Poor, dear Andy... fixin ta get MISERABLE.

unnamed-951.jpg unnamed-950.jpg unnamed-946.jpg

Then back out to the Cottonpigs, where I stripped out (what the bucket couldn't reach) and topped these four, and rigged with lines to pull the stems over tomorrow. The biggest was about 115', leaned over the road, the wind was blowing over the road, and I AM the jackass who told the boss that I didn't have to close the road with the traffic control plan that he had bidded into it, just to save him $1,500. :|::|::|:
Oh well... all's well that lands well, I guess. :|:

unnamed-944.jpg unnamed-947.jpg unnamed-948.jpg

You're probably real close in the price Jed. A new cab and chassis can run 80 grand. A boom can run another 80 plus install.
I knew Cory was sandbagging us!

Haha, I thought you could post dem vids, Jed!!

You'd think so, by now. My trouble is grabbing them with the computer off of the flip-phone. It (the phone) seems to shoot out the video-laden email just fine, but then I can't even look at the vid on my stupid Mac.... "An Error Occurred...404," or something.

We'll get er sorted, Corey... got to... REALLY cool vids.

Back