The Official Work Pictures Thread

She had a Walnut and a conifer in her garden that had been absolutely hacked. Proper hat racked. Then she told me that she had "a great tree lopper who has been coming here for years". I asked her if he could do reductions😄
They were terrible. Looked like pigeons had chainsaw feet

I was pushing for removal of this tree due to many factors, including proximity to foundation, poor structure, weak species(Quercus laurifolia), and protruding surface roots all over the lawn. The homeowner was insistent on keeping the tree and wanted it "made safe." Yes, that's why I recommended removal; to make it safe.

Ward tree before.jpg

This is what they got; high elevation and cutback/reduce entire canopy. It was already thin in the center. I took out only a handful of low suckers to make it look nice. They were ecstatic.

Ward tree after.jpg

View attachment trim.617703CD-54B0-43E6-8BE5-40F0E5DB6427.MOV
0D308629-2ECB-48F8-89AA-6B13EAE20891.jpeg 4B19AE87-98DA-4B15-A1F6-2BF3748A8B43.jpeg
Cameron and his third time on spurs. He’s the one that assists me with a majority of the climbing prunes. I was gonna do that one just to blow it out fast but offered him the chance while I did other things on site. I might let him do a crane removal next week if we can manage to get ahead of schedule.
EEFB1D56-9A60-4C4A-9EED-AF13623B9AA1.jpeg
working on that monster stump grinder this morning. Replacing the hydraulic pump. Can is blocked up. The mechanics crane is holding the pump close to position using a redirect.

Good pics!

Were you tempted to bring it to rayco?

Cameron tying into that sucker shows good intuitive ability/understanding imo.

Finally got to repay my cousin at our farm. He has often helped with projects down there....cutting trail to beaver ponds, helping cipher the best way to handle various farm stuff. He is a contractor, in pretty high demand by some fairly well to do folks down there. One of them has a pretty big house with a leaking chimney. Charles tried a fix but it didn't work...he discovered yesterday, after we got good safe access to the chimney, that the builders did some hinkey stuff with flashing and it is likely channeling water from the brick down behind the flashing and then into the house. Anyway, he is a retired firefighter and had a cast-off FF roof access ladder. You can see how he had it rigged to get access to the chimney the first time around. He wanted to have access to the top of the chimney. His painter offered his 40 foot ladder...ends up it was too short. He called all over S. Georgia for a lift...none available at all. Big storm coming through tomorrow. He asked if I had any ideas. We went and looked at it. You can see how we staged ladders for access. I started us with a prussic on the SRT line I set up but that was tedious. I put Charles on the Akimbo, I used the Rope Runner Pro...things got smoother then. It was a busy afternoon but some good came out of it. I finally got to repay him for all his help.

Here are a few pictures...all of them are at this site: steep roof chimney with Charles - GaryLayton - https://garylayton.smugmug.com/Farm-Hahira/Steep-roof-chimney-with-Charles/n-nwkJfQ/

farm - steep roof chimney with Charles  (1).jpg farm - steep roof chimney with Charles  (6).jpg farm - steep roof chimney with Charles  (7).jpg farm - steep roof chimney with Charles  (8).jpg farm - steep roof chimney with Charles  (17).jpg farm - steep roof chimney with Charles  (18).jpg farm - steep roof chimney with Charles  (19).jpg

Oh man, that gives me flashbacks to Winter 2014-5. Brutal snowy year, no tree work possible. We spent weeks straight shoveling roofs and pounding ice dams off the eves. SRT on roofs feels so secure, even on icy 12 pitch.

Fun pics Gary

What really got my attention was how SLIPPERY a metal roof is...kind of powdery and bad slick. I cannot imagine being up there without a rope system.

Back