The Official Work Pictures Thread

Stephen, how long did it take you to do a big tree like that to those specifications?

10 billable hours, chipped. Then the ground has to be about scraped. Mistletoe will make cows or horses sick. Will also induce abortion of a calf, kid or fawn. We hauled all that to a dump site.

Estimate about 8 hours of that actual climbing if you subtract set up and clean up.
All SRT. Two ascents yesterday, one today. First and last ascent had a few redirects to move out to or spider down to spots. The last ascent yesterday was a hoot. Took my central TIP and extended it out and over another top i could not quit climb into. Just nothing there to climb. Spred the load of the rope over 2 points using a throw line. Targeted the mistle toe in the top. Ascended 55 or 60 feet right to what needed cut out. Cut it. Swung over to some laterals that needed tips done. Hit the ground. Last hour of the day. That one was interesting. Nothing to stand on, just brace on ropes and cut.

I swung an understory maple that was over the red shed sideways 60 degrees, slowly sweeping tips on the metal roof of the woodshed, into the space on the far side with the little doug-fir.

One tip-tie, and "natural crotch" with the down strand under the main stem going to the BMG bollard.

My assistant had gone to a meeting, so it was just me, rope, friction, a NC rigging point and wood fiber.
Fun challenge. Set with a throw line. Cut from the stump next to the grapple.

The first rig, she was able to pretension and lower after I cut and cleared out.

Last edited:
End results look good but what a horrible way to spend a Saturday. Assuming you did it today of course.

Did it yesterday mate. Ended the day arguing with the neighbour who wanted more off the side at 4:30. I laughed at her thinking she was joking. Then she got really annoyed when she told me that it was dropping leaves in her gutters and I laughed and told her that trees will tend to do that.

Went out today for 66km on the bike today with my mate who's a Marine. Feeling it a bit now😄

Back