The Official Work Pictures Thread

How'd ya float it out?

Speaking of locust, I just split a bunch of it, good stuff

Tip and butt tied to catch it. A 3:1 to drift it to the rear off the swing because another tree was in the way to go to the lawn. Hung it off the tip tie and mini to drift it straight out. Done by lunch with just the two of us. Had 21 sheets of ply wood out as well. Aside from the new skyline, no evidence we were even there.

And I love locust. Splits nice and burns hot. This will go in with my Osage orange for next winters heat. Might be two winters from now. I’ll just see how it feels late fall

And I love locust. Splits nice and burns hot. This will go in with my Osage orange for next winters heat. Might be two winters from now. I’ll just see how it feels late fall
Yup, plus it won't rot. I'm burning some from the neighbors unwanted pile, probably10+ y o, 90% of it still perfect.

You can’t see it, but there’s a concrete lip at the edge that the trees (alder and willow) have pushed and cracked.

He is talking about raising the dam a foot or so.

I've see ranch ponds where a plastic/vinyl liner is laid in the pond to hold water before water is added. Have also heard of shallow lakes made out in sandy desert ares using this method. Wonder if that type of barrier along edge of broken concrete could extend it's life greatly and prevent water lose.

I bet that the plastic liner wouldn't last one year with the rodents around here. You have the beavers, we have the coypu/nutria (ragondin in french), an imported which bores the banks and the dirt dams with its 8-10" tunnels. The entrance is usually under the water, the livingroom is above as does the beaver, but this one is inside the bank. Eventually the bank crumbles and retreats, wrecked by small sink-holes. That can lead to a major leak if it's in the dam.

Absolutely amazing what digging rodents can do. I don't think I would wanna meet a coypu/nutria in a dark alley.

Speaking of "imported," I gotta say... you Brits can take yer stinkin Ivy back, man. Check out these two pics from a Fir I took down last Thurs. More Ivy than tree. The Ivy stretched up a bit past 100'.

IMG-20200507-WA0004.jpg 20200507_114747.jpg

We hate it with a passion too Jed. There is a lot in the ash woodland I am working in. Does not help on windy days in particular as the extra wind sail can make felling a little too exciting.

Back